82 Airport Blvd Aurora, CO 80011 US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Network Administrator to join our Client's team.
This position designs, programs, configures, implements, and maintains the district's LAN/WAN environment, telephone and fax systems, wireless services, and structured cabling framework. The Network Administrator provides high-level analysis and troubleshooting to resolve complex network and telephony problems. Contributes technical expertise for capacity planning, project implementation, and the support of daily operations. Conducts testing, creates and maintains documentation, and develops operational and maintenance procedures. Provides training and technical advice to other team members and district staff as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Change, Incident, and Problem Management: Perform high-level root cause analysis and troubleshooting for complex problems; handling incidents, problems and service interruptions. Proactive planning for system configuration, patches, updates, firmware upgrades, and deployments. -Daily 15%
- Plan, coordinate, execute, participate, and occasionally lead, LAN/WAN, wireless, telephony, and cabling-based projects This includes analyzing, design, installation and testing,. Coordinate and work with vendors, solution providers, and consultants. -Daily 15%
- Configure, administer, monitor and support the district's phone and fax system; phone and fax programming, assignment, and resolve circuit issues. -Daily 15%
- Design, implement, configure, troubleshoot, and maintain LAN/WAN network equipment. Layer 2 and 3 configurations, firewall administration, and access control lists. Ongoing monitoring, and validation of performance and quality. -Daily 15%
- Design, implement, configure and maintain wireless network systems. Analysis, troubleshooting, and repair as necessary. Configuration, troubleshooting, and remediation of wireless clients through access control management systems and security policies. Ongoing monitoring, and validation of wireless performance and quality. -Daily 15%
- Establish cable connections; terminations, cross-connects, dressing, toning and testing. Maintaining district standards for inside and outside plant wiring; category and fiber cabling, connectors, patch panels, and racks. -Daily 5%
- Audit, review, analyze, and remediate system logs for network, wireless, and telephony systems. Monitor and assist with the maintenance of data center equipment (UPS, AC, raised floor, fire suppression, etc.). -Daily 5%
- Develop and maintain project, operational, incident, and problem management-related documentation. -Daily 5%
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies. Attendance to webinars, seminars, conferences, and training to remain current with technologies. Provide informal training to instructional, administrative, and support staff. -Wkly 5%
- Perform other duties as assigned. -Daily 5%
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Network Administration, or a closely related subject. An equivalent combination of training, experience, and certification will be considered.
A minimum of five years experience working with medium to large-scale LAN/WAN (Layer 2 and 3) network and security infrastructures, supporting an enterprise wireless environment, administering
comprehensive phone system, and working with data cabling (terminations, cable management, cross-connect, etc.).
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EQUIPMENT & OTHER:
Advanced knowledge of LAN/WAN infrastructure technology; routers, switches, and cabling standards. Acute skills configuring Cisco and ArubaOS equipment at Layer 2 and 3; VLAN, ACL's, DHCP, QoS, RIP, OSPF, E/IGRP, and BGP. Certified experience deploying and administering enterprise Aruba WLAN environments; local/central controller configuration, access point deployment, security application, and
monitoring. Working knowledge of access control authentication systems Clearpass and encryption; Active Directory, RADIUS, TACACS+. Proven skills administering firewall technology; Palo Alto. Creating and managing firewall rules; VPN access, IDS/IPS, application control, policy rules, and DMZ/NAT configuration. Solid understanding of ethernet copper and fiber cabling and equipment. Deep knowledge and understanding of datacenter operations. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, analytical thinking, and multitasking under pressure. Strong work ethic, motivated, self-starter, team player, strong customer service orientation.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, & REGISTRATIONS:
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or equivalent. Entry level wireless certification (CWNT; Aruba Certified Mobility Associate (ACMA) preferred. Must possess a valid Colorado driver's license. A driving record must meet the standards of the District's insurance policy.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Blackstone Talent Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and software firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone's global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
We hereby pledge our commitment to actively hire veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. We value and recognize the leadership, training, character and discipline that our veterans and members of the National Guard and Reserve bring to Blackstone.