NOC Systems Admin
Columbia, SC 29201 US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a NOC Systems Admin to join our Client's team.
Skill Sets Anticipated
- Ability and knowledge to perform primary steady-state administration, monitoring of enterprise management systems, maintaining systems, troubleshooting issues, correcting problems, installing system security patches, patch management, hardware and software upgrades, data storage, data retrieval, backup job creation, backup job modification, backup job verification, data replication, system optimizations, updating documentation, and providing research assistance for problem resolution involving configuration issues or other conflicts
- Knowledge and experience supporting steady-state, enterprise-wide SCCM deployments.
- Experience and knowledge monitoring, supporting and utilizing enterprise management applications and tools such as, but not limited to HP SIM, SolarWinds, CommVault, vCenter, NICE Vision Control Net, EVOIP Nagios monitoring, SCCM, SCSM, SCOM, Splunk, Cisco PRIME, Dell OpenManage Essentials, customized SharePoint sites.
- Knowledge, expertise, and technical proficiencies providing steady-state support for an enterprise-wide Microsoft Active Directory infrastructure. Thorough understanding of enterprise-level server software including the latest Microsoft Server technologies to include associated hardware and software.
- Ability to manage and perform enterprise-wide upgrades and changes systematically and regularly.
- Ability to monitor systems for potential problems and resolve issues promptly. Ability to monitor systems and activities to ensure compliance with enterprise-wide standards. Ability to manage AD/DC components, such as DNS, Organizational Units, AD Sites and subnets, GPOs, ACLs, accounts/passwords, create accounts, disable accounts, delete accounts, add DC Groups, and perform system backup/recovery operations.
- Ability and knowledge to perform secondary administration providing steady-state monitoring of systems, access control, hardware installations, wiring/cabling support, equipment rack re-locations, power source support, backup media rotations, etc. This assistance could also include installations/upgrades, OS configurations, problem resolution, and system administration or recovery with the direct guidance of the remote staff.
- Knowledge and experience in supporting steady-state systems Backup, Restore, and Recovery procedures.
Minimum Candidate Requirements
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or related IT field OR
- 2 years of experience in Computer, Windows Active Directory, network, and IT hardware support in an enterprise or multi-site IT environment
- Demonstrated understanding of basic routing and switching
- Knowledge of basic networking and routing protocols
- Ability to demonstrate basic troubleshooting best practices
Desired Candidate requirements
Documented experience with the following:
- Server patching
- Experience working in a NOC environment
Security Clearance Required: Secret
Blackstone Talent Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and software firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone's global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
We hereby pledge our commitment to actively hire veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. We value and recognize the leadership, training, character and discipline that our veterans and members of the National Guard and Reserve bring to Blackstone.