NOC Engineer - Day Shift
Reston, VA 20190 US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a NOC Engineer - Day Shift to join our Client's team.
Job Description Summary:
Monitor network administration and maintenance operations. Resolve network incidents to ensure the smooth-running of the network operation center. Apply advanced consulting skills, extensive technical expertise, and full industry knowledge. Develop innovative solutions to complex problems. Serve as the Tier III support to escalate and resolve technical issues on operational network environments. Support problem management resolutions by tracking system–wide problems on the operational networks and work with engineering support, including network engineering, systems engineering, catapult operations, and desktop engineering to see problem troubleshooting through to resolution. This position is a hybrid role with a combination of working at client site and working remotely.
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS clearance is required, must be eligible for a SCI in addition.
- 3+ years of experience as an IT systems administrator, performing service monitoring and reporting using SolarWinds
- Experience with Windows 2012 R2, 2016, or Exchange
- Knowledge of basic port security protocols and basic firewall rules
- Ability to troubleshoot Tier II/III incidents involving OSI layers 1-4
- Ability to conduct firewall changes, F5 iRules, and DNS entries
- Active DoD 8570 Level II Certification, including Security+ Certification
- Experience with remediation, STIG compliance, and security scans, including SCCM, MECM, ACAS, or Tanium
- Experience with BMC Remedy
- Experience with virtualization VMware or VDI
- Experience with managing AD and Group Policies
- Ability to communicate affectively and collaborate across teams
- Ability to automate tasks using Ansible, PowerShell, or Bash
- Possession of excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MCSE, SolarWinds, Splunk, or Exchange Certifications
Security Clearance Required: Top Secret
Blackstone Talent Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and software firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone's global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities