Modeling & Simulation Engineer
9970 Federal Dr Colorado Springs, CO 80921 US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Modeling & Simulation Engineer to join our team at our client’s site in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify a lifecycle-balanced system of systems and system solutions.
- Evaluates customer and /or operational needs to define and coordinate system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
- Performs various analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture.
- Performs analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success.
- Develops the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes. Resolves cross-functional technical issues.
The C2BMC National Team provides technical solutions to the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on the Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC) Program. C2BMC is the integrating element for the Ballistic Missile Defense System and links various sensors and weapon systems. The system provides capabilities to integrate and synchronize missile defense systems and operations, providing a layered defense against multiple ranges of threats and in all phases of flight.
This position requires candidate acceptance by the industry partner resource control board.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
Applicant must have a solid engineering background that covers a variety of disciplines that support both conceptual and detailed system-level assessments, as well as an understanding of analysis techniques, planning, execution, and reporting. Technical specialty areas may include, but are not limited to, the following:
performance analysis and characterization of large-scale complex system simulations, which may include ballistic missile threats, command and control, RF sensors, and IR sensors; M&S Verification, Validation and Accreditation; requirements development and checkout for system simulations and scenarios; Complex data analysis and plotting using MATLAB.
- Working or theoretical knowledge of Ballistic Missile Defense concepts, Battle Management and Command and Control (BM/C2) systems, defense communications systems, and the BMDS in general.
- Strong background in math and physics.
- Experience using MATLAB to support analysis of complex data.
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux, Agile Scrum, and continuous integration.
- Possesses general coding skills (such as MATLAB, Java, C++, or shell scripts).
- Specific knowledge of one or more BMDS elements, such as C2BMC, AN/TPY-2, BOA, SBIRS, GMD, Aegis BMD, PATRIOT, et al.
- Current DoD Secret Clearance.
Applicant will be expected to provide technical expertise in the area of BMDS modeling and simulation characterization, scenario development, and/or analysis. As part of an Agile Scrum team, the applicant will develop features and stories mapped to program objectives. Depending on the specific skills of the successful applicant, duties will include one or more of the following: plan and execute performance analyses on C2BMC and its interactions with current and planned BMDS assets; document analysis results in reports and briefings; present analysis results to a variety of audiences; develop requirements for large, complex system models/simulations and or test/analysis tools; execute, test, and evaluate BMDS level, large scale models/simulations; VV&A the C2BMC model; develop, test, and evaluate threat scenarios; using large scale simulations, perform System Level Test event predictive analysis, post-test analysis, and/or post-flight reconstruction analysis; provide data to support decisions regarding system/element representations and modeling parameters used in large scale simulations. Position also includes interacting with, supporting, and coordinating with members of other C2BMC MDNTB FAs and TOs, C2BMC leadership, MDA customers, and technical SMEs as well as leadership of other BMDS Element programs.
Active secret clearance required
Bachelor's degree and typically 3 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with experience in an engineering classification.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities