Middleware Operations Engineer II
2476 Swedesford Road Malvern, PA 19355
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a Middleware Operations Engineer II to join our team and work at our client site in Malvern, PA.
Our client is a leading provider of kidney care in the United States, delivering dialysis services to patients with chronic kidney failure and end stage renal disease. The company owns and operates kidney dialysis centers and home peritoneal dialysis programs domestically in 43 states. They are headquartered in Denver, Colorado.
• Operationally support and administer DaVita’ s various Elasticsearch (ELK) environments
• Develop and define process and procedure to proactively manage and monitor all pre-production and production environments for Elasticsearch.
• Adopt, customize and implement industry standard DevOps policies and DevOps procedures
• Apply best practices of CI/CD - Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (puppet/chef)
• Act as key technical resource for Elasticsearch deployment and migration efforts
• Serve as a top-tier technical escalation point for critical pre-production issues and drive escalation/resolution of problems to Development, QA, and Operations teams
• Provide Senior Management with metrics and other reporting materials for the executive team.
• Ingrate and help define requirements for DaVita’ s Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) offerings
• Automate infrastructure and platform service offerings
• Implement and provide ongoing management of systems that deliver against strict requirements for functionality, scalability, performance, and reliability.
• Collaborate with development to design in-house monitoring tools/software for managing the SCM and Development Operations environments.
• Work with multiple Software Configuration Management (SCM) teams to assist in new architectural needs and optimize existing environments to improve workflow and productivity
• Must be able to work nights and weekends as required. Will need to be on-call at any time to handle escalations and incidents
• Expert knowledge of managing ELK/Elasticsearch multi node cluster (preferably v5.x and above)
• Hands on experience in setting up ElasticSearch cluster on various platforms such as Docker container, VMWare platforms or similar
• Experienced with X-Pack (Elastic Stack Features) including Watchers
• Experience with nginX, Swagger, Convoy/Pure data volumes a plus
• Experience with container orchestration technologies Kubernetes, Docker Swarm or Mesosphere
• Experience working with Continuous integration/deployment pipeline using Jenkins, Puppet or similar technologies
• Proven track record implementing a metrics driven methodology and delivering high-level solutions in an agile environment
• Effective oral and written communication skills reporting accurate information that is clear, concise and visual
• Should be able to diagnose, root cause and resolve ELK and platform issues
• Java/Spring and Kafka knowledge is a plus to help diagnose issues from Application Team
• Proven ability to conceptualize and implement new infrastructure architecture based off business requirements. Experience with deployment configuration and automation
• Proficient in scripting languages; and deployment configuration/automation
• Highly analytical, technically proficient and able to learn new tools quickly
• Understanding of IT operations (server, databases, storage, network, security, COTS applications, storage)
• Anticipates potential threats/risks to projects prior to becoming an issue and pursues mitigation
• Proven track record of delivering multiple parallel initiatives
• Experience using collaborative tools
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business Administration required with at least 5 years of senior level server administration experience in large scale production environments
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities