Mechanical Project Engineer
Tualatin, OR 97062
The Mechanical Project Engineer will design and configure DC Switchgear, Rectifiers, Station Control Cabinets, and other electrical cabinets and switchgear according to the customers project specifications. The Mechanical Project Engineer will also review and provide guidance on the overall mechanical design of everything within the Pre-Fabricated Traction Power Substation Buildings as well manage the interfaces between other vendors equipment. The Mechanical Project Engineer will provide support and assistance, throughout the entire project lifecycle, to the Traction Power Substation (TPS) Engineering Team Leader. The Mechanical Project Engineer will play a vital role in the safe and timely completion of the Mechanical Component designs to ensure projects are delivered on-time and on-budget.
- Designs and engineers the component down to detail to satisfy the specified requirements of the customer.
- Defines the products and subcomponents to be used including their concrete characteristics.
- Configures the products used according to the requirements.
- Develops detailed solutions for the integration to ensure the interaction of the individual elements as a functioning unit.
- Takes the responsibility for the realization of the component with the required functionality, prepares the design documentation.
- Mentor Junior staff as required
- Review and stamp all Mechanical drawings (as and when required)
- Assist in routine material specification, schematic preparation and appropriate follow-up
- Provides assistance in routine design, development, testing and modifications of solutions
- Provides assistance in preparing explanations and clarifies information to enable proper interpretation and evaluation of routine specifications, performance characteristics or other technical data
- Assist in communicating routine technical and commercial issues clearly
- May assist in recommending routine new designs, new processes, or design changes to meet project requirements and to ensure our continuous competiveness
- Will assist with creating of accurate Solidworks models that accurately represent the mechanical and electrical features of the equipment
- Routinely create Bill of Materials (BOM) for each piece of equipment. Work with TPSS Electrical and Network Control teams to ensure model and BOM are accurate
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Mechanical Engineering
- 2-5 years experience as Mechanical Engineer in somewhat relevant field
- Minimum 2 years experience with Solidworks or Siemens NX
- Minimum 2 years experience with AutoCAD
- Sheet metal design experience
- Copper busbar sizing and design
- Electrical Panel or Industrial Electrical Control Cabinet Experience
- Travel required (approximately 5%)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Master of Science (MSc) degree in Mechanical Engineering (preferred)
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) registered (preferred)
- Minimum 5 years experience in mechanical component design (preferred)