San Ramon, CA 94583
MATERIAL PLANNING: Work collaboratively with key line of business partners to develop long range material demand plans and use gathered intelligence to work with suppliers to secure production reservations assure that reliable sources of supply are maintained.
PROCUREMENT COORDINATION: Follow up with Project Managers and Engineering to assure that requisitions are submitted with adequate lead time for delivery, purchase orders are placed in a timely fashion and follow material through the delivery and claims settlement.
ISSUE RESOLUTION: Utilize specific material knowledge and expertise, as well as familiarity Engineering and Construction processes to facilitate or support problem solving sessions. Develop and implement problem solving strategies to assure that impact is minimized.
CLIENT ENGAGEMENT: Facilitate active coordination and communication with clients and partners to understand internal business needs, identify new opportunities to improve overall effectiveness and deliver excellent service clients. All employees are responsible for performing their jobs in accordance with vision and values.
3 - 6 years of equivalent experience in Sourcing or Materials
- Must be able to engage the client at the director level, perform critical analysis and anticipate issues
- Experience in and ability to negotiate solutions to complex problems; and lead the implementation of those solutions
- Understanding of procurement processes, policies, procedures and contract law
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills; strong team player
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Proven cost evaluation and negotiation skills
- Supplier Diversity understanding with strong client focus MS Office (Fluent in the uses of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio)
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain management (or related industry experience) or MBA Construction Project Management experience
- Six Sigma training
- Utility industry experience a plus
- SAP/SRM Master Level experience
Blackstone is a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone was founded in 1998, and has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities