Manager Welding Production for Rail Car Manufacturing-
The Manager of Welding Production leads multiple departments in the fabrication of carbon steel and stainless steel carshells for light rail vehicles, locomotives, and passenger coaches to meet project requirements for quality, schedule, and cost. Managing multiple group-leads and supervisors on multiple shifts with a total of 200 welders.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Drive Zero Harm by ensuring a safe and healthy work environment. Ensure all Team Members are trained in, and observe, safe work practices.
Plan production operations, define work flow, and establish priorities and production sequences to meet project and interdepartmental requirements.
Meet project targets for direct labor hours, schedule and quality.
Develop, monitor and meet department budgets and business plans.
Establish, monitor, and adjust manpower and applicable equipment planning to meet production demands.
Ensure development and documentation of best practice work standards and ensure all team members are properly trained for their assigned tasks.
Drive lean manufacturing and 6S principles and initiatives to eliminate waste.
Ensure positive communication with entire team on a regular basis to keep them informed of work status, department performance, process changes, and company policies.
Develop and implement measures to improve production efficiency, equipment performance, and product quality.
Develop and maintain appropriate KPI s along with benchmarks and targets that provide a clear indication of department performance, performance trends, and potential problem areas.
Manage production departments to satisfy the demands of multiple projects.
Work collaboratively with other department managers to insure coordinated support of all production needs.
Complete other duties and responsibilities as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor s Degree in related field or equivalent experience
- At least 10 years experience managing industrial / heavy-metal welding and fabrication operations.
- At least 10 years experience in OEM capital equipment manufacturing operations, in a schedule driven, high mix/low volume, engineer-to-order, and project environment.
- Proficient in MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Valid CWI and AWS certifications are a plus.
- Ability to lead and motivate a direct labor workforce
- Develop relationships: Excellent coach and team builder
- Strong analytical, communication and leadership skills
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex problems.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple internal customers.
Blackstone is a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone was founded in 1998, and has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities