Manager Data, Integration, & Development
Colorado Springs, CO 80908 US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Manager Data, Integration, & Development to join our Client's team.
The Manager of Data, Integration, & Development has responsibility for implementing the organization's application, data, and integration strategies and architectures, including but not limited to package and custom-developed solutions, data warehousing and data management solutions, and curation of our Project Delivery Life Cycle. This position will manage the team's daily activities while ensuring exceptional customer service for our business partners in supporting our existing systems and building future systems. The Manager also provides career guidance, mentorship, and growth for direct reports. The Manager will oversee and support our production platforms while providing leadership on the buildout and integration of new technologies. The Manager role requires exceptional communication skills, attention to detail, and mastery in building and maintaining strong positive relationships within the team and across the organization, leveraging a servant leadership approach. In addition, this position will collaborate with our business customers to ensure that the projects are delivered with the required features for the expected effort and within the agreed-upon time frame.
Here's how you'll have an impact:
Enterprise Technology (40%)
- Lead the development, implementation, and support of an Enterprise Data Strategy including Master Data Management, Data Quality, Data Standards, and Data Governance.
- Ensure that the organization's design and coding standards are met, as well as the user requirements in the delivery of products. Identify application-related needs and design and implement solutions to meet those needs. Maintain best practices and ensure the team follows standard processes and procedures.
- Participate in and drive the definition of the architectural platforms for all application, data, and integration areas. Evaluate industry trends for technology advances and make recommendations to upgrade relevant platforms. Identify integration needs across the application portfolio and strive to deliver a seamless customer experience.
- Manage and maintain the priorities of the team. Manage all aspects of projects, including project timelines, resource allocations, and ensure projects meet agreed-upon deadlines and deliverables. Formulate plans, estimate costs for delivering solutions, and monitor and report upon any exceptions.
- Contribute to the companies technology vision while collaborating with the Transformation Management Office (TMO), driving buy-in and excitement within the organization to propel the IT department forward in its value as a shared service within the organization.
- For all direct reports, provide consistent and ongoing direction and guidance. Focus on team members' development and ensure alignment with our Core Values. Evaluate each team member's performance based on their specific role.
- Contribute to an atmosphere for outstanding teamwork through clear expectations, frequent communication, and providing fair and consistent feedback.
- Provide scrutiny and updates on financial health of assigned IT business units through quarterly forecasting and tracking of capital and expenses. Partner with Finance liaison as appropriate.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, and streamline work processes. Work cooperatively and jointly to provide exceptional customer service.
- Achieve results individually and through others. Solve problems. Lead change.
- Support the Movement's aggressive short-term and long-term objectives, including but not limited to product development (both process and IT), customer engagement, and implementation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Here are the skills and experience you'll need to be effective:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- 7-10 years of IT experience with increased responsibility for IT roles
- 2-5 years of project leadership/management experience; experience managing application development, data, and/or integration initiatives
- 2-5 years managing Microsoft technologies (C# ASP, HTML, .Net, SQL)
- 2-5 years leading CRM projects (Salesforce)
- 2-5 years leading Data Warehouse and/or Data Lake projects (SQL, Snowflake)
- 2-5 years leading Integration platform projects (Data Cloud, Mulesoft, Boomi)
- Experience managing a software development life cycle
- Experience in small/mid-sized IT groups with fast-paced, multi-tasking, and multi-role efforts
- In-depth, hands-on experience in Microsoft Enterprise solutions, including On-Prem and Azure-hosted server environments and other Cloud Hosted solutions
- Master's degree a plus
Blackstone Talent Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and software firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone's global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
We hereby pledge our commitment to actively hire veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. We value and recognize the leadership, training, character and discipline that our veterans and members of the National Guard and Reserve bring to Blackstone.