MUE Systems Engineer (Windows/Linux) AER0000SJ
Schriever Air Force Base Colorado Springs, CO 80912
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm is seeking an IT Engineer (Linux/Windows) to join our team and work at our client site in Colorado Springs, CO.
Job Description: We are looking for a talented IT Engineer to provide Mission Unique Equipment Support across our clients program supporting MDA/BCX, MDNT, BNOSC, JFCC IMD and GMD.
- Required to devise technical solutions to complicated issues and projects, and support systems sustainment and growth planning
- Coordinates with other IT support areas to maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products
- Provides Tier 3/4 resolution for break-fix issues, hardware/software conflicts, as well as install and configuration of Windows servers, storage platforms and workstations
- Engineer supports the testing of system patches, the completion of customer request impact assessments, and the execution of IT project planning and design activities to determine future requirements of customer hardware and software
- Ancillary duties include maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space and mentoring programs for junior technicians
- Candidate must quickly adapt to new technologies, new situations, short deadlines, be able to work unsupervised and have a strong commitment to a team environment
- Candidate must have a HS diploma (or GED) with 8 years of general experience and/or an Associate' s degree with 6 years general experience and/or a BS/BA with 4 years of general experience; must include 4 years directly related experience.
- Senior level Eng/Administration skills in MS Windows 7 and/or 10, MS Server 2012 and/or 2016
- Some experience with Virtualization platforms, and/or storage appliances configuration
- Sound understanding of Active Directory, Group Policies, Domain Name System (DNS), and Dynamic Host Control Protocol (DHCP)
- Experience with testing and implementation of Security required patches
- Ability to analyze data and prepare resulting info for use in design recommendations, executive summaries and customers /management briefings
- Experience developing procedures for system and maintenance activities, and minimum of CompTIA Security + certification
- Ability to lift minimum of 35 lbs
- Must be a US citizen. DoD Secret security clearance required upon hire but must be able to obtain and immediately submit for Top Secret upon selection.
- Experience with one or more of the following a plus: GCCS, PDS-M, VMWare 5.5 (or later) administration, NetApp Storage Appliance administration, ClearCube Architecture, SMS/SCCM configuration, LINUX/UNIX familiarity, remote administration, use of the Remedy software action request system,
- DoD and DISA Information Assurance programs,
- Experience giving scheduled/unscheduled briefings before management or customers
- Current DoD Top Secret clearance
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities