Vandenberg Space Force Base, CA US
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated candidate to join a high-performance team at Vandenberg Space Force Base, California. This team provides support to the US Space Forces – Space (S4S) Legislative Affairs Office. As a Legislative Liaison Subject Matter Expert, you will support the Commander, Space Forces – Space in exercising authorities as the Combined Joint Force Space Component Commander by offering critical planning, legislative expertise, and continuity by maintaining and providing both long-term reports and quick responses to tasks or inquiries from Congress, the S4S Combined Joint Force Space Component Commander, and other senior leadership as directed.
What you will be doing:
- Providing Legislative Affairs expertise support to the CJTF-SO Commander and senior organization leadership in all aspects of Congressional communications such as Congressional hearing preparations and relevant background information by researching, preparing, and coordinating hearing preparation read ahead packages.
- Ensuring CJTF-SO leadership positions communicated in Congressional testimonies are consistent with those of external mission partners.
- Drafting official, well-informed, nuanced responses to be signed or provided by CJTF-SO Commander and other organizational leadership to answer official Congressional inquiries from Members of Congress and both professional and personal Congressional staff.
- Coordinating Congressional inquiry responses through tasking mechanisms to ensure responses are processed through all stakeholder agencies and organizations that have equities pertaining to the inquiry topic.
- Supporting all engagements, including remote support for CJTF-SO staff office call visits to Capitol Hill, Congressional and Staff Delegation visits to CJTF-SO Headquarters and its component commands, and phone calls between CJTF-SO leadership and Members of Congress or Staffers.
- Supporting the Legislative Affairs Office in producing written quick-turn products that provide detailed pro/con analysis of House and Senate inputs to the annual National Defense Authorization Act and the annual Department of Defense Appropriations Bill to achieve desired effects.
What you will need:
- Possess knowledge of legislative affairs and space operations at the Combatant Command level.
- Deep experience in initiating and/or developing Government specified content for a Combatant Command Legislative Affairs Office.
- Experience in providing strategic advice, technical guidance, analysis and recommendations for mission and program challenges.
- The specific skills, knowledge, and comprehension to perform all task functions quickly and accurately minimal or no supervision or guidance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to draft courses of action for senior officer approval based on multiple inputs.
- Ability to brief/interactive with senior (GO/FLAG) level officer and senior civilians.
- Ability to coordinate plans between internal and external staff agencies to ensure a coherent effort.
- Current/relevant space operations experience and background desired
- Familiarity with world space events as well as political interest/positions regarding the space posture of the United States and its Allies
- Previous CAG experience highly desired
- Previous legislative liaison experience highly desired
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher required
- JPME I highly desired
- TS/SCI clearance required
Security Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Blackstone Talent Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and software firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone's global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
We hereby pledge our commitment to actively hire veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. We value and recognize the leadership, training, character and discipline that our veterans and members of the National Guard and Reserve bring to Blackstone.