Lead Mobile Developer - iOS and/or Android
Downtown Chicago, IL 00000
Lead Mobile Developer - iOS and/or Android
We are experiencing great momentum on the back of our Series A and are aggressively expanding our engineering team. Our iOS & Android Engineer will be the next addition to our team and will report directly to our VP of Engineering at our HQ in Downtown LA.
High quality data will power the AI and algorithms of the future, and the company is at the forefront of this trend. The Company delivers TrueData: real, people-based mobile data that is never inferred, modeled or extrapolated from bots or screens. TrueData is our unwavering dedication to deliver real, quality data at scale that covers nearly half the US population. We work with the broadest set of mobile data types on the market, providing publishers and marketers with a single platform for privacy compliant data monetization, insights, and effective mobile marketing.
For app publishers, the company provides flexibility and control of their data licensing while protecting the long term value of data assets and respecting the privacy of the consumer. For marketers and data scientists, the company provides a source of unique, fresh, and vetted data for targeting and intelligence, at scale. The company works one some of the largest apps and ad tech companies in the world including, Google, Oracle, Verizon, Acxiom and dozens more. Foursquare recently rated our technology the best on the market.
The company offers full health benefits and a flex work environment. We are a collaborative, fun team working on some very big problems. We believe in finding the right person for the job and then letting them shine. If you know the mobile ad tech space, want to work with some really big data sets, and like building great software with autonomy, let’ s talk.
What you’ ll be doing:
- Designing, developing and managing SDKs for iOS/Android mobile applications
- Ensuring mobile platforms accurately collect mobile app data including: location data (GIS), bluetooth, and audience data Ensuring that our SDKs deliver data at 5-nines to our data lake via Restful APIs
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to analyze, design, and ship new features
- Leading mobile SDK development
- You’ re passionate about coding and solving problems using software and automation
- You’ re eager to work with the rest of the team and our clients to solve problems, execute on pilots & integrations, and grow the business
- You plow through multiple obstacles in a day, using a combination of persistence, research, problem-solving skills, and your own experience
- You take pride in your work, and especially work that is completed, tested, and delivered
- You are a sink for problems, rather than a source. You make your co-workers' jobs easier, not harder
- You are available for and responsive to questions. You are professional and collegial in your communications
- You like being the person that others rely on
- You quickly learn new technologies as needed and recognize that you are engaged in timely, business-critical tasks
- You are transparent in what you do. You discuss, document, and commit your work as needed
- You recognize technology is a means to an end, not an end in itself. Tech is always for some end user, not for the engineer
- You are excited to work in DTLA.
- Excellent knowledge in core Java
- Hands on experience in the full life cycle of Android application development
- Good knowledge of Android SDKs, push notifications & Toast Eclipse & ANT based build system Android Studio Experience in Gradle.
- Strong understanding of Java or Kotlin, Android SDK, Android Design Interface guidelines, and material design
- Experience with dependency injection, RxJava and common design patterns
- Experience with unit tests, multithreading, memory management and caching mechanisms specific to mobile devices
- Excellent knowledge of the latest iOS SDK, understanding device-level and OS-level limitations across the iOS platform
- Very good experience with Objective-C and iOS SDK
- Fluency with Swift and Cocoa framework and associated design patterns
- Understanding of Apple’ s design principles and interface guidelines
- Good working knowledge in Cocoa Touch Experience with memory management and caching mechanisms specific to mobile devices
Core Abilities and Experience:
- 4 year degree in CS or EE
- Ability to write well designed, testable, efficient code, ensuring the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Understanding of the importance of data security/safety/data privacy
- Code unit testing
- Experience integrating external SDKs
- Solid understanding of good UI/UE practices on mobile platforms
- A sound understanding of HTTP and RESTful APIs, and best practices for mobile app integration
- Ability and willingness to understand, learn, and use new programming languages quickly
- Familiarity with Linux shell, scripting, process monitoring and management, SSH
- Painstaking attention to small details – we want someone who is passionate about quality and the best customer experience possible
- Ability to take high level ideas in the absence of a spec and drive to completion
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities