Lead Systems Engineer
1600 Commerce St Boulder, CO 80301
Blackstone Technology Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency, is seeking an experienced Lead Systems Engineer to join its client' s team in Boulder, Colorado.
Engineer Principal Mission Requirements Allocation and Verification Lead Systems Engineer
This leadership position is for a highly-experienced systems engineer who can lead a team to establish the requirement baseline for a mission that includes Segment, Element (payload, spacecraft bus, and ground) and Subsystems.
- Provide systems engineering leadership of technical teams to develop Segment, Element, and Subsystem Specifications.
- Develop the DOOR’ s framework to properly allocate, trace and verify requirements at the Segment, Element and Subsystem levels through all mission phases.
- Plan and manage the cost, technical and cost associated with the effort.
- Interact with multiple subject matter experts to develop the required allocation analysis and verification artifacts.
- Interface with and support the program’ s chief system engineer.
- Mentor other systems engineers assigned to this team.
- Prepare and give presentations to peers, management and customers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Bachelor' s degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required, plus 12 or more years related experience in either mission system, spacecraft systems, ground systems or payloads.
- Current Top-Secret security clearance required.
- Minimum 4 years of requirements management experience working in the DOORS environment (Framework, Specification Structure, ICD, Structure) or equivalent. A subject matter expert with this tool.
- Demonstrated ability to write effective and verifiable requirements – detailed oriented.
- Demonstrated experience in systems engineering processes, including requirements development, requirement allocation, change management, verification and validation – a self-starter that will own this activity.
- Demonstrated experience leading multi-disciplinary teams including meeting cost, schedule, and performance goals.
- Customer Relationships: Extensive knowledge of missions and customers across core technologies areas. Knowledge/experience working with critical customer base, established relationships with key personnel within customer community.
- Superb presentation skills with experience to senior decision making and technical audiences.
- Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities