Lead Software Engineer
Englewood, CO 80112
Blackstone Technology Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Lead Software Engineer with strong C++ for a direct hire, permanent position at our client s site in Englewood, Colorado.
Senior Software Engineer, Technical Lead/Architect
We are looking for a dynamic, hands-on, senior software engineer with strong leadership skills someone who can lead team of software engineers and perform as an individual contributor.
We need an engineer that has led a C++ development team, has good understanding of data transfer protocols, has worked on developing products (can build a release candidate, understands the need for solid documentation, testing, and upgrades). This is someone that will have to make hardware decisions (server platforms we run on) and can work with firmware engineers on developing solutions. They will be working in a very cross functional organization, ultimately having a dedicated team of four core developer's, and having access to more when needed to get certain development done.
- Provide hands-on technical leadership within the product development team.
- Drive the implementation of development activities, both individually and as the technical lead of a small team of developers.
- Work collaboratively with engineering leadership, product owners, and other stakeholders to understand high-level requirements and develop software architectures and designs.
- Create and drive the detailed planning, scheduling and execution of development plans to meet business goals and schedules.
- Help define and enforce development practices, including unit tests and code reviews.
- Promote and drive innovation in technologies, processes, and tools.
- Mentor and develop team members.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Capable of working with ambiguous requirements and minimal direction.
- Take pride in writing well-structured, well-commented, and maintainable code. You re always thinking of security, performance, and scalability.
- Respected and acknowledged as an expert by peers.
- Challenge yourself, learn from others, and strive to grow professionally every day.
- Emotionally mature team player with a positive can-do attitude.
- Solid software engineering background, with 10+ years of experience software products.
- Strong C++ Development experience
- 3+ years of experience leading complex software development projects through all phases of the software development life cycle using Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Proven record of strong technical leadership.
- Experience with both back-end and front-end technologies HTML, XML, JSON, REST, Postgres, etc.
- Experience with real time networking technology protocols and their application, implementation, and optimization.
- Knowledge of modern cloud architectures and technologies. Experience with AWS is a plus.
- Solid software engineering fundamentals.
- Experience in a startup or high-growth environment
B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.
Blackstone is a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone was founded in 1998, and has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities