Lead Software Development Engineer, Host
San Francisco, CA 99999
Our Software Developer Engineers are building a net-new cloud using the learnings and findings from the last ten years of API-driven computing, virtualization practices, and large-scale multi data center applications. Our innovations and execution techniques are harvested from across the industry, computer science, and other well-studied industries.
We are looking for highly-motivated, self-motivated and aware engineers who are passionate about software quality, team execution, system performance, and customer-first design. We deliberately structure our development efforts into small teams in order to maximize the strengths of the team’ s individual members.
The applications we are developing are highly-available, high-performance, secure, geographically distributed, and robust. As a senior software engineer, you will be responsible for building out new internal and external services. We strive to ensure that the services we develop are elegant and self-contained, yet fit well into a larger ecosystem of interconnected microservices.
Depending on your area of specialization, you may be expected to have a solid working understanding of some or all of the following: enhancing hypervisors, real-time failure detection, optimizing peripheral (including network and storage) performance, enhancing virtualization technology, design and implement of underlay/overlay network, storage and network data path optimization, and incident prevention.
To apply for this role, we are looking for folks with at least five years of experience with old-school bare metal data centers, data center-scale applications that span multiple facilities, systems programming languages (C, C++), experienced on virtualization technologies such as KVM or QEMU, have an affinity for designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining, documenting, and enhancing the software you ship.
- Design, build, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance the software you ship
- Write documentation for all work, for internal and external audiences
- Experienced on at least one of KVM or QEMU
- Experience with cloud data centers
- Familiarity with systems programming languages, such as C, C++
- Good understanding on Linux Kernel
- Good communication skills and willingness to be a good team member
- 5+ years experience with bare metal data centers, applications that span multiple data centers
- Expertise in systems programming languages, such as C, C++
- Experienced on Linux kernel (network and storage) development
- Experienced on PCI, SR-IOV
- Experienced on at least one of cloud platform such as AWS, Azure, GCP.