Lead QA Engineer
633 17th Street, Suite 1400 Denver, CO 80202
Lead QA Engineer
Blackstone Technology Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Lead QA Engineer to join the team at our client’ s site in Denver, CO.
This is a full-time opening working as a direct employee of our Downtown Denver client partner. They develop software solutions for the insurance industry for the life and healthcare industries.
The Lead QA Engineer will:
- Create test cases to the giventraceability matrix and test scenarios.
- Be responsible for quality local and remote resources to meet the project goals.
- Analyze functional specifications written by Business Analysts to identify test objects and potential gaps the controls and procedures on the projects they are assigned to and lead unusual workflow or system constellations which the functional specification does not define.
- Gather and analyze test data including special test artifacts like mocked up test data.
- Will support the development team by executing early tests for complex features which are initially partially implemented.
- Will execute designed test cases and test functionality implemented by the developers; ensuring high quality deliverable to our clients. After the test cycles they will define which functional test cases are to be included in future regression tests.
- Work with the rest of the QA team to continually improveour agile QA methodology and processes.
- May also own the defect management role by evaluating incoming tickets raised by the client and reproduce reported issues and ensure that incoming tickets are complete and inform the implementation team accordingly.
- Design test strategies and write test cases and scenarios for future test execution and automation to ensure the designed coverage
- Gather test data and mock up required artifacts (e.g. test data files)
- Design, develop and execute test scenarios and automated test scripts.
- Clearly document defects identified during the
- Prepare Release Notes with the results of the integration tests prior to each delivery
- Prepare and deliver test cases to clients
- Review functional specifications written by Business Analysts and participate in elaboration sessions to fully understand applications and feature design
- Review client test cases and triage client reported defects
- Attend project team meetings.
- Keep application and process data updated
- Provide direction and collaborate on tasks with QA Engineers both locally and in remote offices.
- Provide job related mentorship and training to peers.
This position requires:
5+ years of test experience - manual and automated:
- Working with Selenium, JMeter, JUnit, Java, SQL, Agile
- Testing multi-tier web-based software including documentation of identified issues / defects as well as experience with common standard test tools and frameworks
- Analyzing functional specifications and identify test objects and gaps
- Analyzing defects by performing a series of tests to isolate the potential cause
- Writing and executing functional and technical test scenarios, including finding the edge cases that may not be thought of during development
- Working with clients to analyze reported defects and environmental issues
- Reproduce UAT results reported by the client in local environments and check reported issues to be complete
- Hands on experience designing, developing and executing automated tests
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Working in a highly collaborative team in an Agile development environment
- Healthcare Industry experience, especially claims processing and/or products and benefits management
- Other types of non-health insurance industry experience such as life, P&C, and disability
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities