Lead Backend Developer
New York, NY
Blackstone Technology Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Lead Backend Developer to join our team at our client s site in New York, New York.
The Lead Backend Developer is responsible for the development and maintenance of our backend APIs. This person utilizes their knowledge of Java development & web technologies as an integral part of the software development team.
- 7+ years of back-end Java development and the corresponding stack (Spring, Hibernate, open source libraries, etc.) in a SaaS model.
- Lead / Managed small development teams.
- Proven success in building scalable software in a multi-tenanted environment using software engineering best practices (CDN, caching and VM optimization).
- Experience building APIs and microservices.
- Strong DB chops that include complex SQL query development and path optimizations.
- Best practices approach with Views, Stored Procs and typed-datasets is critical.
- Strong familiarity with creating and deploying Web Services using RESTful APIs (JSON, XML, etc.)
- Ability to understand the business imperatives and translate them to "big picture architectural concepts.
- Comfortable in a team environment or working independently.
- Has kept up with the latest frameworks and trends in the Java ecosystem.
- Understanding of Agile/SCRUM techniques.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects at once.
Blackstone is a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone was founded in 1998, and has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities