Junior Java Developer
202 S. Goad Springs Rd Lowell, AR
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a junior java developer to join our client’ s team and work as a on a contract to hire basis, in the Bentonville, AR area.
SUMMARY: An junior development professional, participating in development of java-based integration services supporting the bank' s business critical financial applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. 1. Implements, patches, tests and applies updates to more complex solutions/applications.
2. Escalates issues to the appropriate party where required.
3. Prepares supporting technical documentation as required.
4. Interfaces with development and engineering colleagues to coordinate code deployments and releases.
5. Tests newly developed code to ensure code accuracy
6. Complies with bank policy, laws, and regulations
• Maintain a high level of cooperation and rapport with all associates in order to ensure accurate and efficient operations and service.
• Formulate and communicate new ideas and suggestions that will improve profitability and efficiency for the company’ s overall operation.
• Promote professionalism at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’ s Degree or equivalent relevant experience required.
• 2+ years of relevant experience required.
• Bachelor’ s Degree in Information Technology or related field preferred.
• Interest in long term career IT opportunity in Financial Services IT with a Top Tier US Bank
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Must be able to arrive at work on time, work on site and have regular work attendance
• Must be able to work cooperatively with other co-workers regardless of personality, presence or communication style
• Must be able to provide cordial customer service regardless of customer personality, presence or communication style
• Must be able to greet others cordially
• Must be able to coordinate multiple and changing priorities
• Must be able to verbally communicate with all other associates
• Must be able to occasionally work outside of normal business hours.
• Shares knowledge effectively within the work team.
• Establishes productive networks with internal IT and colleagues and the external vendor community.
• Works directly with application developers in resolving issues and defining future requirements.
• Provides all necessary documentation to meet corporate standards.
Blackstone is a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone was founded in 1998, and has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities