Jr. Java Developer
Annapolis Junction, MD 20701
Our client has an immediate opening for a Java Software Developer. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
- Linux Experience
- Application framework experience such as Spring Framework
- Familiarity with Microservices
- Familiarity with Docker or Kubernetes
Java Developers on CORKEDBAT have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies including:
Technologies: Microservices, Docker, Kafka, Kubernetes, Cassandra, Java 11, ReactJS, Spring Boot/Cloud/Data, Redis, Postgres
Tools: Maven, Node, Git, Sonar, Eclipse, IntelliJ, Atlassian Jira (Bitbucket, Confluence, Bamboo, Crucible)
Responsibilities to include:
- Codes, tests, integrates and documents software solutions
- Applies principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis to the development of software
- Participates as a Subject Matter Expert in the internal review of software components and systems
- Responsible for resolution of significant and diverse range of complex problems and issues of broad scope and complexity which require the use if ingenuity and creativity
- Provides leadership and/or direction and/or supervision to lower level employees and teams
- More often responsible to define the scope, schedule and expectations for the work they execute or lead
- Keeps abreast of technology trends and champions new ideas and process improvements
- Familiarity with the development of collection systems and components within the Intelligent Community (IC)
A Relocation package may be available for this position.
** A discretionary sign-on bonus may be available for this position **
Blackstone is a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone was founded in 1998, and has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities