Jr. Data Scientist
Arlington, VA 22201 US
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our team of experts to assist with building state-of-the-art data platforms for the Department of Defense's premier data analytics platform.
This role focuses specifically on the development and maintenance of scalable data stores that supply big data in forms needed for business analysis. The best athlete candidate for this position will be able to apply advanced consulting skills, extensive technical expertise and has full industry knowledge to develop innovative solutions to complex problems. This candidate is able to work without considerable direction and may mentor or supervise other team members.
This position will require up to 25% travel.
What we’re looking for:
- Someone with a solid background developing solutions for high volume, low latency applications and can operate in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment.
- A candidate with distributed computer understanding and experience with SQL, Spark, and ETL.
- A person who appreciates the opportunity to be independent, creative and challenged.
- An individual with a curious mind, passionate about solving problems quickly and bringing innovative ideas to the table.
- Experience supporting diverse CCMD requirements
- Clearance: Secret or higher
- 2+ years of experience with SQL
- 2+ years of experience developing data pipelines using modern Big Data ETL technologies like NiFi or StreamSets.
- 2+ years of experience with a modern programming language such as Python or Java
- 2 years of experience working in a big data and cloud environment
- 2 years of experience working in an agile development environment
- Ability to quickly learn technical concepts and communicate with multiple functional groups
- Ability to display a positive, can-do attitude to solve the challenges of tomorrow
- Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Preferred experience at the respective command with an understanding of analytical and data paint points and challenges across the J-Codes
Security Clearance Required: Secret
Blackstone Talent Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and software firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone's global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
We hereby pledge our commitment to actively hire veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. We value and recognize the leadership, training, character and discipline that our veterans and members of the National Guard and Reserve bring to Blackstone.