Jr Procurement Coordinator
Mountian View, CA US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Jr Procurement Coordinator to join our team at our client’s site in Mountian View, CA.
The Finance team plays a critical role in ensuring accurate financial reporting, optimal financial management, and efficient operations across Joyent. The Finance team partners across all organizations to appropriately allocate resources, inform key business decisions, and facilitate the execution of our operational plans. The Procurement team works as part of Finance to help ensure that our commitments to customers are met. Procurement works to ensure vendor relationships, licensing terms, and pricing to best meet the company’s needs and drive the best value . Our team is often the first point of contact in supporting stakeholder requirements for goods and services that will sustain business operations.
We are looking for a motivated Junior Procurement Coordinator to join our team! The Junior Procurement Coordinator works as part of the Joyent Procurement team to ensure that products, services and vendor relationships are in the best interest of the company. The Procurement team is responsible for the evaluation of vendors and contracts including Requests for Quotes (RFQ), Request for Proposals (RFP), and Requests for Information (RFI). As a Junior Procurement Coordinator, you will be responsible for assisting with the Procurement process, including contract management, contract negotiation, and preparation of purchase orders. This position requires dedicated problem-solving, internal customer relations, and vendor management. You will support the business in the evaluation of goods or services, and you will also engage a wide variety of vendors to assist with strategic sourcing processes while supporting other company-wide initiatives. From global deployments of servers to the delivery of networking gear, you will work as part of the Procurement team to make sure the right equipment arrives at the right location at the right time.
● Confer with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
● Work in conjunction with AP staff to ensure prompt payment of all invoices.
● Enter and maintain accurate information in the purchasing system.
● Review and analyze purchase requests, obtain quotes from vendors, and negotiate the best price.
● Maintains accurate records of all procurement actions, in compliance with company and departmental policies and procedures.
● Obtain purchase order acknowledgments from vendors, complete purchase order data entry, and help to manage change orders, amendments, and other related documentation.
● Process purchase requests and purchase orders for all regional locations.
● Partner with external and internal stakeholders to ensure complete necessary vendor documentation, following existing procurement procedures.
● Maintain records of purchase requisition approvals, contracts, pricing, renewal date, and other important procurement data.
● Follow up with vendors for confirmation of orders, change orders, and estimated delivery dates.
● Coordinate with internal teams on approval of POs, invoices, and contracts.
● Support Accounts Payable function in processing bills and ensuring timely payments.
● Support day-to-day procurement activities including vendor onboarding, invoice/order processing, and financial reporting.
● Provide day-to-day procurement lifecycle support such as purchasing, invoicing, and vendor management for requests including, but not limited to, software subscriptions, hardware, telecommunications, professional services, office supplies, and facilities.
● Work directly with requesters and vendors to obtain quotes and order forms.
● Provide efficient and high-quality customer service for all internal and external customer requests.
● Provide post-order support, such as providing order updates and facilitating returns.
● Leverage subject matter expertise to advise partners including Legal, Privacy, Information Security, and Compliance throughout the contracting process.
● Collaborate to build a consistently high level of 'Stakeholder Focus' attitude.
● Help manage contracts and license agreements to ensure that obligations are met and the process for tracking renewals or replacement of existing agreements is managed and scalable.
● Partner and collaborate with Accounting, FP&A, Compliance, Legal, and business stakeholders to meet purchasing needs while prioritizing ROI, cost efficiency, and value.
● Assist vendors with price discrepancies, damaged or returned material, logistics, and other supplier issues.
● Assist with the preparation and review of master agreements, statements of work, change orders, and renewals ensuring favorable terms and conditions.
● Assist with RFx process from supplier sourcing to proposal evaluation and award to supplier onboarding and then supplier and contract performance management.
● Duties include market research, competitor analysis, monitoring purchase orders, and creating reports for the management team.
● Assist with onboarding new vendors, support contract renewals, vendor conflict resolutions, etc.
● Validate purchase requests per stakeholder guidelines, analyze requirements, communicate with requesters to close any data gaps, and follow up with vendors.
● Assist with transactional and administrative procurement activities.
● Participate in Purchase Requisition to Purchase Order creation - including PO monitoring and approvals through the receipt process.
● Work with legal and finance on approval of agreements per signature authorization policy.
Skills & Competencies
● Ability to work in a fast-paced, often-changing environment.
● Proven ability to clearly communicate, manage work tasks, and provide status updates.
● Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize effectively and efficiently.
● Proficiency in MS Word and Excel and the ability to learn new software programs.
● Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
● Ability to meet deadlines and ensure the accuracy of all work produced.
● Positive attitude, team-oriented, flexible, and productive.
● Proficient in the use of SmartSheet or a similar tool.
Education & Experience
● Bachelor's degree preferred.
● 2-3 years of experience working in procurement operations, preferably in startup environments.
● Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, and a drive to make the highest impact possible.
● Works effectively with others who are based in global offices.
● Ability to communicate effectively over the phone, email, and web meetings.
● Works effectively with others who are based in global offices – must be effective over the phone, email, and web meetings.
● Must be organized, personable, and detail-oriented with the ability to multitask.
● Direct experience procuring Data Center equipment and/or Hardware/Networking commodities.
● Ability to prioritize requests and communicate effectively in a deadline-driven environment.
● Must be able to listen, understand, and communicate with employees at all levels of the company.
● Possess a demonstrated understanding of translating business requirements into procurement specifications with customer experience in mind.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities