JWICS Systems Engineer AER0000LQ
Schriever Air Force Base Colorado Springs, CO 80912
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm is seeking a JWICS Systems Engineer to join our team and work at our client site in Colorado Springs, CO.
Job Description: We are looking for a talented JWICS Systems Engineer to work at our client specializing in the management and operations of a JWICS/SAP environment in support of the Missile Defense Agency
- The Systems Engineer will perform cybersecurity compliance, operational sustainment, and other general IT tasks as required to ensure continuous performance
- Job duties will include operating, maintaining, and defending the server, storage, virtual, networking, and active directory infrastructure
- Building and maintaining Windows and Linux servers and workstations, performing administrative operations and maintenance functions of server and network hardware and software, and downloading and installing critical patches on systems IAW MDA rules and guidelines
- Troubleshooting any system errors or user issues, tracking resource utilization and performance of systems, and performing modifications and upgrades as needed
- Will be required to coordinate efforts with other work centers and personnel to resolve Remedy Incidents related to systems and supporting infrastructure
- Other Systems Engineering/Administration duties may be required. Up to 25% travel to other MDA locations
- High School Diploma (or GED) and 16 years of general experience must include 8 years in Directory Services
- Active DoD TS/SCI Clearance
- Must have current DoD 8570.01 IAT Level II Certification such as CompTIA Security+ CE Certification
- Previous systems administration/engineering experience managing Windows desktops and servers, office products, and a small virtual environment, Linux Administration experience, Experience with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and account management
- Networking and cybersecurity experience
- Strong analytical background with accompanying troubleshooting skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to new situations, a strong commitment to a team environment, a capacity to work with little supervision and the willingness to learn new technologies, Strong communication skills
- Ability to travel to other MDA locations as required
- Exchange and database experience.
- Microsoft, VMware, or other CompTIA Certifications ITIL v3 Foundations certification
- Experience working in a DoD environment
- Experience working with Remedy ARS
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities