JWICS Engineer AER0001E8
Ft. Belvoir, VA 22060
The Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications System (JWICS) Engineer supports the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on our clients program. The JWICS Engineer specializes in the management and operations of a JWICS environment at the National Capital Region (NCR) and performs cybersecurity compliance, operational sustainment, and other general IT tasks as required to ensure continuous performance. Job duties will include: operating, maintaining, and defending the server, storage, virtual and active directory infrastructure; building and maintaining Windows servers within a VMWare environment; configuring workstations; performing administrative operations and maintenance functions of server hardware and software; downloading and installing critical patches on systems in accordance with MDA rules and guidelines; troubleshooting system errors or user issues; tracking resource utilization and performance of systems; performing modifications and upgrades as needed. Will be required to coordinate efforts with other work centers and personnel to resolve Remedy Incidents related to systems and supporting infrastructure. Other Systems Engineering/Administration duties may be assigned. The successful candidate will have a strong analytical background with accompanying troubleshooting skills; the ability to work independently as well as collectively within a team; ability to apply critical thinking techniques, and effectively communicate with customers and other team members, both orally and in writing; ability to quickly adapt to new situations and a willingness to learn new technologies. This position is located at Fort Belvoir, VA.
- Must have one of the following combinations of education and experience:
- High School Diploma (or GED) and 16 years general experience
- Associate s degree and 14 years general experience
- Bachelor s degree and 12 years general experience; Master s degree and 10 years general experience
- General experience must include 8 years related experience and 5 years in management or leadership roles.
- Must possess an active DoD Top Secret/SCI Clearance. Must have DoD 8570.01 IAT Level II Certification (e.g. CompTIA Security+ CE Certification).
- Previous experience in one of the following is desired:
- Systems administration/engineering experience managing Windows desktops, servers and office products;
- VMWare and vCenter server
- Dell servers and SAN Storage
- Dell and HP workstation and server
- Windows 7 to windows 10, server 2008R2 to 2016 migration experience
- Exchange and database experience
- WSUS and McAfee EPO applications
- Basic script writing, VB and/or powershell, networking and cybersecurity
- Remedy Incident and Change Management
- Working with JWICS and/or MDA
- Certification in ITIL v3 Foundations, Microsoft, VMware, or other CompTIA Certifications.
Blackstone is a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone was founded in 1998, and has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities