Integration & Test Engineer - ENG06 - Cleared On-Site
16000 East Centretech Parkway Aurora, CO 80011
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm is seeking an Integration and Test Engineer to join our team and work at our client site in Aurora, CO.
Job Description: We are looking for a talented Integration and Test Engineer providing senior technical leadership in support of a large scale system development program. We’ re looking for someone who is committed and passionate about driving innovative and cost-effective solutions to the Test Cross Product Team (CPT). As the System Test, you will support the Test Director setting strategy and providing key technical oversight to a large diverse team of Integration & Verification (I&V) engineers to drive development and execution of the Formal Qualification Test.
The candidate will provide technical engineering and strategic leadership for a large Test Team under the technical guidance the Test Director/ Test CPT Lead and SEIT IPT Lead. Candidates should have a history of successful program execution producing outstanding results for their team and the program.
The primary responsibility is to provide oversight and technical direction for the test engineering lifecycle to include requirements analysis, test design, system integration requirements verification, deployment and helping ensure overall configuration management of the product satisfying cost, schedule and specifications allocated to the program. The Deputy Test Director has authority over all test engineering output products to include responsibility for the program Technical Performance Measures (TPMs). The Deputy Test Director manages cost and schedule for the I&T activities as defined in the program planning and ensures that the proper mix of resources and experience is available for the program.
The System Test supports the Test Director in establishing the test strategy and the integration and verification of the system and will have a customer facing role. The candidate will provide engineering support and technical direction for the execution of the programs test program, test processes including baseline definition, test architecture design, verification and validation. Candidates will be responsible for definition and execution of formal testing and regression testing across deliverable releases to the program baseline - driving program performance including cost and schedule for test activities across multiple sites; coordination with the test manager of the test products, schedules and resources. Responsible for the integration with development teams in terms of understanding implications of changes to both the technical and schedule updates and their impact to test. Responsible for integration with operations from a test perspective, ensuring delivered products meet operational needs.
The System Test organizes, and assists with technical reviews; evaluates the work of staff through subordinate levels of supervision; provides policy guidance to staff; coordinates engineering designs and builds; monitors the day-to-day operations; provides suggestions for all major technical decisions and designs; and represents engineering on the management team. The candidate will develop, maintain and track system engineering metrics consistent with the internal processes and use these metrics to improve program performance.
The System Test will review EACs for lessons learned and risk and opportunity capture/mitigation plans. This critical role will partner with the other disciplines and elements of the IIS Engineering Org and PMOs to help transform the business and business execution via innovative approaches and implementation of sound engineering practices
- Assist engineers and support personnel in all aspects of integration and test activities
- Provide extensive technical advice to resolve difficult test and integration implementation problems
- Responsible for providing specialized technical advice and information to systems and software engineering and coordinating this information across all integration and test projects
- Prepare, evaluate and implement corrective plans based on integration and test metrics
- Ensure that overall program integration and test plans are developed, including integration and tests to be performed at field facilities, and that procedures are written and approved in compliance with safety, quality control and organizational processes
- Establish integration and test conduct standards and implement integration and test conduct disciplines throughout the system life cycle
- Coordinate the performance and monitoring of integration and test activities verifying compliance with established plans, requirements and procedures, and ensuring system readiness and integrity
- Establish and provide estimates, schedules and written proposals for integration and test projects on the program
- Interface with senior management and customers daily
- Duties also include the planning and development of automated test scripts as required to perform automated testing
Clearance Requirement: Must be a US Citizens with current and active secret clearance
- Bachelor’ s degree in engineering or related scientific discipline with a minimum 10 years of applicable integration and test experience on medium to large scale systems using state-of-the-art technology
- Experience preparing and presenting reports and briefings to senior program leadership both orally and written
- Experience with cross product teams in a complex multiple stakeholder environment
- Strong desire to learn, take initiative and contribute in a team-oriented environment
- Knowledge of Earn Value Management System (EVMS) and EVM certification or ability to obtain certification within 6 months of hire
- Willing to work overtime and weekends as required to achieve milestones
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the systems engineering lifecycle to include:
- Performing system integration and test planning and implementation for large scale systems using state-of-the-art technology o Configuration Management
- Technical Baseline Management
- Management and integration of COTS/FOSS
- Development of test architecture/framework
- Implantation of Test automation environment and or DEVOPS
- Leading System Validation activities
- Preparing and reporting program plans, schedules and metrics
- Specifying test verification requirements
- Review and approval of integration and test procedures and plans
- Utilizing discrepancy report systems and developing closure plans
- Working within Integrated Product Teams
- Leading Test Event Readiness Reviews and ensuring compliance with customer lifecycle standards.
- Ability to the identify, manage, and mitigate technical risk
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle models (waterfall and Agile)
- Safe Agile
- EVMS Certified
- DOORS Experience
- B.S./B.A. in Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math, or a science
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities