Infrastructure and Virtualization Engineer
175 N Street NE Washington DC, DC 20002
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking an Infrastructure and Virtualization Engineer who' s work shall include the efforts involved with developing, testing, and implementing Virtualization of servers, desktops on VMware’ s vSphere and Horizon View platforms. Additionally, the candidate shall be versed in Hyper Converged infrastructure products such as Nutanix and VSAN. The engineer will also serve as Tier 3? level incident and problem support of virtualization related issues including but not limited to virtualized images
as well as providing any necessary recommendations on potential image/system enhancements, speed, security, etc.
Qualifications, Required Experience, etc:
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Extensive experience with infrastructure components of VMware Horizon View 7.x (to include but not limited, vSphere 6.5/6.7, Composer, Unified Access Gateway, App Volumes, User Environment Manager (UEM), and PowerCLI )
- Significant experience (4+ years) using VMware App Volumes, VMware Horizon View, and VMware vSphere products.
- Experience in capturing requirements, documenting detailed system designs and related system test cases, executing system tests, documenting implementation plans, operations guides, and disaster recovery content.
“ Hands on” system engineering experience and competency in:
- VMware Horizon View
- VMware App Volumes
- VMware User Environment Manager (UEM)
- MS Windows 10
- PowerShell scripting
- Understanding of SMS/SCCM package deployment
- Mature, self? starting individual seeking an opportunity of minimal supervisory guidance.
- Strong knowledge of Networking principles
- Strong knowledge of Windows
- Understanding of Cloud infrastructure such as Azure
- Good understanding of Hyper Converged Infrastructure (Nutanix, VSAN, etc.)
- Ability to acquire an EOUSA Public Trust? Level 6 EOD Waiver as a result of an SF85P+PS investigation).
Supplemental/Preferred Additional Qualifications/Experience:
- Related VMware certifications such as VCA, VCP, VCAP, or VCDX.
- Cyber Security integration such as DISA STIGs, endpoint protection, etc.
- MS Windows 10 integration
- SCCM application deployment/patching
- Interacting with Government clients on a regular basis.
- Working understanding of project management best practices.
- Large, enterprise? scale integration
- ITIL certification
- Adjudicated and active Public Trust Level 6 or Top Secret clearance
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of minorities/females/vets/disability