Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE)
Annapolis Junction, MD US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Information Systems Security Engineer(ISSE) to join our Client's team.
We are currently seeking an Information System Security Engineer (ISSE) to support a nationally significant and fast-paced program. An ISSE is needed to provide support for adding new capabilities to a complex system with an exacting interface, performance, and security requirements. The selected individual will become part of a team of Security Engineers working on solving challenging issues on a large, significant program. The position requires a solid understanding of security practices and policies as well as hands-on vulnerability testing experience. The selected individual will collaborate with other engineers and technical experts in providing improvements to our operational, test, integration, and development systems.
The selected candidate will have numerous responsibilities from day to day drawn from a wide array of activities. The strongest candidates will have experience working in these areas:
- Validating and verifying system security requirements and establishing system security designs for large-scale systems, major system elements, and interfacing systems that are part of a large complex network environment with geographically distributed components.
- Identifying and implementing appropriate information security architectures and functionality to ensure uniform application of security policy and enterprise solutions.
- Recommending and developing technical solutions, products, and standards based on current and desired system security architecture.
- Assessing and mitigating system security threats and risks throughout the program life cycle.
- Leading and/or contributing to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, certification, and awareness activities for various system and networking operations.
- Effectively collaborating with other internal technical experts on a day-to-day basis.
- Communicating with Program Managers and POCs from customer organizations when necessary regarding Security issues of significant importance.
- Participating in program increment planning and related agile team activities.
- Working closely with System Engineering, Test Engineering, and Integration teams to ensure that the hardware and software architecture and implementation meet the security requirements for processing classified information.
- Analyzing and assessing system implementation against multiple security compliance policies and recommending and implementing enhancements.
- Evaluating the impact of new development on the operational security posture of the system.
- Evaluating, reviewing, and testing security-critical software.
- Proposing, assessing, coordinating, implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies.
- Auditing and assessing system security configuration settings using common methodologies and tools.
- Managing and enforcing security strategies and policies that affect various components of the geographically distributed systems.
- Evaluating security solutions to ensure they meet customer-specified requirements for processing classified information.
- Providing configuration management for security-relevant information system software.
- Serving as a subject matter expert in security architecture including providing advice to Program Managers, Customer technical experts, and internal program teams.
- Formulating security compliance requirements for new system features.
- Identifying and remediating security issues throughout the system.
- Supporting risk assessment, risk management, security control assessment, continuous monitoring, service design, and other IA program support functions.
- Working with development teams to enrich team-wide understanding of different types of vulnerabilities, attack vectors, and remediation approaches.
- Planning and conducting security verification testing of relevant type 1 devices.
- Clearance: TS/SCI w/ FS Poly
- DoD 8570 compliance with IASAE Level 3 is required.
- Must have Computer Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Certification.
- Must have Information System Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP) Certification.
- Must have experience applying Risk Management Framework.
- Must have experience formulating and assessing IT security policy.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of and experience with common security tools, such as Nessus, NMAP, and Wireshark hardware/software security implementation, communication protocol, encryption techniques/tools, and web services.
- Must have experience with secure configurations of commonly used desktops and server operating systems.
- Must be comfortable working on multiple systems and components simultaneously in various configurations.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices.
- Must be able to effectively plan and prioritize tasking and communicate clearly regarding technical options and trade-offs.
- Must be capable of performing high-quality work both independently and with a team in a fast-moving environment.
- Bachelor's degree or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline.
- Five 5 years of experience with Defense in Depth Principals/technology including access control, authorization, identification and authentication, public key infrastructure, network, and enterprise security architecture and applying risk assessment methodology to system development.
- Experience developing/implementing integrated security services management processes, such as assessing and auditing network penetration testing, anti-virus planning assistance, risk analysis, and incident response.
- Experience providing information assurance support for application development that includes system security certifications and project evaluations for firewalls that encompass the development, design, and implementation.
- Experience with penetration testing tools.
- Experience with scripting languages.
Security Clearance Required: TS/SCI Full Scope Poly
Blackstone Talent Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and software firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone's global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
We hereby pledge our commitment to actively hire veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. We value and recognize the leadership, training, character and discipline that our veterans and members of the National Guard and Reserve bring to Blackstone.