Information Security Engineer IV
4430 Broad River Road Columbia, SC 29210
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a Information Security Engineer IV to join our team and work at our client site in Columbia, SC.
Our client is a global communications, hosting, cloud and IT services company. They operate more than 55 data centers in North America, Europe and Asia and provide broadband, voice, video, data and managed services over a robust 250, 000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 300, 000-route-mile international transport network. Our client is headquartered in Monroe, Louisiana.
This opportunity is for a Managed Security solution. The solution delivers a team of experienced security professionals working side-by-side with state agency staff. The team is supported by proven processes and tools, a world-class security operations center (SOC), and a shared security resource center. This approach provides the client the right combination of people, processes and technology to ensure delivery of a higher value, more cost effective solution that fully meets all requirements. Our onsite delivery team will be responsible for the bulk of the security device system administration, monitoring the effectiveness of security monitoring solutions and leading troubleshooting efforts within the organization.
• Performs analysis, design, and development of custom correlation rules, reports, and dashboards in QRadar SIEM.
• Technology escalation point for QRadar SIEM underlying event collection components.
• Work with customers to integrate new log sources as well as maintain and monitor existing log sources.
• Collaborate with several system administration groups to adjust reporting log sources to support various use cases and to tune the effectiveness of advanced correlation
• Develop/evaluate log source extensions for custom/universal log sources.
• Configure and tune SIEM platform to ensure optimal performance.
• Advanced knowledge of event collection technologies.
• Develop detailed supporting documentation regarding technical projects.
• Designs, develops, engineers, and implements solutions that meet security requirements supporting agency goals in a DISA STIG hardened environment.
• Analyzes general information assurance-related technical problems and provides engineering and technical support in solving these problems.
• Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments.
• Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
• Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
• Security certifications desired
• Experience and knowledge in the collection and tuning of a diverse variety of log sources
• Experience working on Windows log source collection with tools such a Snare, NXLog or WinCollect
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows protocols and services in a domain environment
• Skilled in scripting languages such as PowerShell, Python, Perl or Bash
• Knowledge and experience in Windows deployment tools such as SCCM, WSUS, GPO, etc
• Experience with Linux syslog applications such as rsyslog or syslog-ng
• Knowledge of network protocols and ability to perform TCP/IP packet analysis
• Understanding of computer and network systems fundamentals on diverse platforms like Linux, Windows and various network devices
Preferred Skills (rank in order of Importance)
• Understanding of information security event correlation
• Microsoft Domain Administration experience
• Next-generation firewall / Unified Threat Management system administration experience
• Experience in the administration of enterprise anti-virus solutions, web content filters, IDS or other security technologies
• Compliance-driven, STIG-hardened environment with mature change management processes
• Advanced experience in networking (TCP/IP) protocols, computer/network security, and system administration.
• Background in INFOSEC operations, endpoint management, and network topology
• Windows and Linux skills desired
Degree and Experience Desired:
• 8 years of IT Security experience
• 5+ years of IT Security experience with Bachelors Degree -OR-
• 3+ year of IT Security experience with Masters
• DoD or other high-compliance environment experience
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities