743 North Eckhoff Street Orange, CA 92868
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking an Industrial Engineer to join our team and work at our client site in Orange, CA.
Our client is a leading manufacturer of the world' s most advanced drilling solutions. At our client, we are harnessing the strength of knowledge and innovation that is revolutionizing the future of energy. We build on what works, using our deep expertise to help minimize risk, increase up-time and improve performance in drilling operations around the globe. They are headquartered in Houston, TX
MANAGERS MOST IMPORTANT SKILL SETS & EXPERIENCE BELOW:
- Proficiency with current versions of PRO-E/CREO, SolidWorks, and AutoCAD relative to design of fixtures, tooling, structural, support equipment, and facility layouts in manufacturing environments.
- Proven history of capital appropriations, ROI Analysis, and expenditure justifications relative to machining, welding, mechanical assembly, product testing, and industrial manufacturing facility equipment.
- Exceptional Critical Thinking abilities and Problem-Solving capabilities in a team environment.
- Technical Writing skills required.
- Candidate must have the ability to create and implement written work instructions / process guidelines.
- General building construction and mechanical aptitude
- Capable of coordinating trades for construction projects and knowledgeable about materials: Processing, Strengths, Mechanicals, Chemistry (Concrete, Steels, Alloys, forgings, castings)
The IE is responsible for managing project costs, lead times, and coordinating project resources. The IE also prepares
layouts to improve production flow, reduce lead-time, minimize production costs, and optimize established processes.
Additionally, the IE is responsible for developing work instructions, implementing improvements, training, and providing
- Assure efficient manufacturing processes on new and existing products per the requirements outlined in design review
- Assure maximum profitability and quality of product line that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Contribute to cost reduction efforts by actively seeking and reporting opportunities for reduced costs.
- Stay abreast of changes in technology that improve manufacturing efficiency.
- Identify manufacturing ship capabilities and limitations.
- Perform other work related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all Company and HSE policies and procedures.
- Provides planning/solutions for space, capacity, and process flow issues to support the manufacturing areas of
- machining, welding, assembly, and testing.
- Performs concept design, analysis and improvement of resource utilization (space, personnel, materials, information,
- equipment, structures, and utilities).
- Initiates capital expenditure justification and ROI analysis for improvement projects.
- Develops and improves instructions, procedures, and other manufacturing documentation to enhance internal/external
- customer satisfaction and manufacturing performance.
- 6+ years Technical Experience with emphasis on machining, welding, mechanical assembly, fixture design, facility layout, over-head cranes, and product testing preferred.
- Technical Writing skills required.
- Lean / Six Sigma or equivalent profession experience preferred.
- Experience with processing materials, weldments, and castings.
- Strong Analytical Skills, familiar with Capital appropriations, ROI Analysis and expenditure justifications.
- Strong Communication and Presentation skills: deliver proposals, conduct training sessions, team oriented, and ability to create and implement written work instructions / process guidelines.
- Multiple project management, leadership, milestone scheduling, and coordination from concept through completion.
- Microsoft application Word, Excel, Power Point
- AutoCAD and Pro-E
Bachelor' s Degree in Industrial Engineering or Engineering Technology, or 10 years minimum equivalent professional
experience in related field.
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone? s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities.