IT Systems Engineer II
Reston, VA 20191
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a IT Systems Engineer IIIT Systems Engineer II to join our team and work at our client site in, VA.
Our client is a global communications, hosting, cloud and IT services company. They operate more than 55 data centers in North America, Europe and Asia and provide broadband, voice, video, data and managed services over a robust 250, 000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 300, 000-route-mile international transport network. Our client is headquartered in Monroe, Louisiana.
Top 5 specific skills • Windows Server 2008
Windows Server 2012
Mid Level IT Engineer - Windows
Responsible for day-to-day operations and maintenance (O&M) support of Windows servers within customers environments, crisis management, change management, and hands-on technical support. Support is on customer premises and possibly remote. The prospective candidate must minimally possess in-depth knowledge and be capable of supporting the following.
• Primary skillset in MS Windows - Windows 8 - 10, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2012.
• Responsible for day-to-day operations and maintenance (O&M) support of servers, crisis management and hands-on technical support
• O&M support of VMware ESXI nodes a plus
• O&M support and management of VMware v-Sphere Update Manager in vCenter and other related VMware applications
• O&M support of Windows and Virtual Machines a plus
• O&M support of app servers
• Installation, configuration, and O&M support of monitoring solutions across the support platforms
• O&M application of security updates and quarterly patch management across all systems working closely with customer and internal Industrial Security teams for remediation
• Vulnerability remediation of infrastructure elements working with customer and internal Industrial Security teams
• Perform incident and change management on all devices and operating systems
• Perform maintenance as required
• 4+ years experience in an IT environment
• Participate in oncall schedule and patch rotations
• Must Be Clearable
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities