IT Solutions Design Engineer- AER0000TN
Schriever Air Force Base Colorado Springs, CO 80912
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm is seeking an IT Solutions Design Engineer to join our team and work at our client site in Colorado Springs, CO.
The Solutions Design Engineer will apply systems engineering best practices to requirements definition and design of MDA managed information systems. Will support development of processes for systems engineering of primarily Microsoft based systems and Linux based systems to a lesser degree. The candidate will work with Solutions Architecture to develop proposals and respond to customer requests. Must have the ability to clearly present and articulate solutions to the customer. Additionally, the engineer will work with the Operations teams to automate processes and ensure solutions align with operational procedures where applicable. Will develop and maintain systems documentation, diagrams, changes, and standard operation procedures.
- High School Diploma and 12 years general experience; Associates degree and 10 years general experience; Bachelors degree and 8 years general experience or a Masters degree and 6 years experience.
- 6 years related experience in designing, implementing or managing complex infrastructure solutions. Candidate must possess a CompTIA Security+ certification.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance.
- Experience with Windows 2012 and 2016 operating systems and or Linux server OS.
- Experience with Windows PowerShell and system automation.
- Experience with Group Policy Objects.
- Experience with Active Directory and DNS.
- Experience with Server Deployment and Management.
- Experience with data center/server monitoring systems.
- Experience with systems engineering best practices.
- Experience developing processes and training.
- Experience with Microsoft Remote Access Service (RAS).
- Experience with Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Experience with Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS).
- Solid understanding of various development lifecycles.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work both independently and in a fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Creative problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work with minimal oversight.
- Willing to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities