IT Security Engineer
7250 Campus Drive Colorado Springs, CO 80920
IT Security Architect
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking an IT Security Architect to join our client’ s team and work as a DIRECT HIRE to our client in Colorado Springs, CO
As the largest in the state, Our client is a Colorado Springs based financial solutions group who views their employees as their greatest asset. With a heavy focus on progressing in the industry with the use of bleeding edges technologies, our client is poised as a trailblazer in the financial services industry.
Advanced information security professional with a breadth of experience and expertise. The IT Security Architect acts as a functional manager, assisting IT management in evaluating and planning security initiatives, leading research endeavors regarding security platforms, architectures, and collaborating with the other departments to conduct risk assessments and to determine acceptable mitigation steps. Research to acquire knowledge of industry regulations and security best practices is conducted regularly. Direction and recommendations will be provided to other IT managers and staff.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes a lead role in developing the security plan for a project. Provides guidance to project teams on security issues; ensures that project plans / technology initiatives are security compliant.
- Collaborates with the business to contribute to the development of new security solutions and systems. Develops plans for management review.
- Leads the investigation and resolution of more complex and sensitive security incidents to identify and manage risks to the organization.
- Brings new information on security developments into the organization, including information on new tools, procedures and systems.
- Develops, evaluates, and ensures follow-up for all information from enterprise security tools.
- May provide expertise across multiple areas of security specialization and across multiple technical platforms.
- Proactively assesses risk exposure in business operations as it relates to the technology and develops security programs to address and minimize those risks.
- May provide input to manager on staff performance relating to technology but does not prepare or deliver reviews.
- Bachelor’ s degree in IT Security, Computer Science, Information/Network Security or similar. Will accept years of experience in lieu of degree.
- One of the following or similar required.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
Minimum work experience:
- 7+ years of relevant experience related to IT Security
Technical or specialized knowledge/skills:
- Demonstrates expertise in multiple security specialties and technical platforms along with strong understanding of the technical architecture of the organization.
- Possesses strong understanding of diverse security practices along with IT risk management concepts and applies them effectively when developing security solutions.
- Solid command of networking and telecommunications, securing technical platforms such as Windows, Cisco, VMWare, Public Cloud (Azure, AWS, etc.), secure server and workstation deployment and support.
- IT systems/data security controls to include but not limited to firewalls, IPS/IDS, SIEM and other security device platforms.
- Regulations and best practices for technical deployments specific to the financial industry, disaster recovery/business resumption technique, secure coding and application design, packet analysis and forensic tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data standards (both data exchange and storage).
- Demonstrated excellence in providing superb customer service.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Familiarity with industry regulations and best practices such as PCI, GLBA, FFIEC, NIST, ISO 27000, HIPPA, OWASP, SSAE 16/18, SOC2 and the Cloud Security Alliance.
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities