IT Project Manager
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Blackstone Technology Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Junior - Mid level IT Project Manager to join our team at our client s site in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Technical Project Manager
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a Junior/Mid level Technical Project Manager to join our team and work for our client in Colorado Springs, CO. This individual will be working with Infrastructure and Software Development type projects, ranging in scope and size.
As the Technical Project Manager you will have the opportunity of discovering an exciting career at one of the most established enterprises in the city where each and every individual plays an important role, and every single person is essential to the cultivation and the overall success of the Organization. The Technical Project Manager will work on a variety of IT projects to include Infrastructure, Software Development and Application Migration.
- Project management frameworks and disciplines to improve the delivery of IT projects.
- Project Management experience, 2-5 years of Managing IT projects on their own.
- Lead a project team of technical IT resources with demonstrated progression of increased scope and complexity
- Perform effectively under pressure and/or opposition
- Gain and retain senior management's confidence in ability to execute multiple complex IT projects
- Present effective executive level and decision-making presentations
- Explain complex technical concepts in pictures and words that are understandable to a broad audience
- Demonstrate IT & customer collaboration and engagement techniques
- Manage multiple tasks independently and prioritize to meet business needs
- Operate in an IT Service Management, specifically IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) based, environment
- Show initiative and act independently to resolve problems
- Manage multiple priorities and follow through on projects/tasks to completion
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships
- Communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing, with users and technical support
Successful candidate will have:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in business, computer science, project management, information technology, or a related field. Significant related experience may be considered in lieu of a bachelor's degree.
- 2-5 years of full-time professional project management experience within IT, preferably managing Infrastructure or SDLC projects.
- ITIL and Agile experience is a plus
Ideal candidates will also have:
Pertinent federal, state, and local government IT Multi-project environments
Experience with SaaS, In-house to Commercial off-the-shelf, converged infrastructure, network connectivity
Blackstone is a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone was founded in 1998, and has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities