IT- Business Analyst - Expert
375 NORTH WIGET LANE Walnut Creek, CA 94598
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a IT- Business Analyst - Senior to join our team and work at our client site in San Francisco, CA.
Our client is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric energy companies in the United States. Based in San Francisco, the company provides natural gas and electric service to approximately 16 million people throughout a 70, 000-square-mile service area in northern and central California.
Responsible for defining user stories and acceptance criteria for development through interaction with Business Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Product Owner, Technical Lead and development/testing team. Further supports the process of testing and deployment to move product to business value. Roles and responsibilities:
• Analyze the customers business objectives and define user stories and acceptance criteria to support delivery
• Work with Product Owner, Technical Lead, Development Team and Business SMEs to prioritize and group user stories for delivery
• Organize and execute workshops, discovery sessions and backlog grooming sessions with Business SMEs, Product Owner and Technical lead to elicit new user stories and further define existing user stories
• Support testing and deployment process
• Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to complex business issues and is regarded as a business matter expert.
• Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems/projects where analysis of situations or data requires and in-depth evaluation of multiple factors.
• Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives
Required industry experience:
• 8+ years of relevant experience
• 5+ years as BA, preference for 5+ years in relevant industry (Electric Utilities)
• Direct experience in at least two of the following domains: Electric Distribution Control Center Operations, Electric Transmission Control Center Operations, Electric Field Work Management, Customer Care, Emergency Preparedness & Response Required technical experience
• Strong experience with business IT applications Required functional experience
• 1+ years working in Agile environment with experience authoring user stories and acceptance criteria
• Experience with implementations, problem analysis and solutions for business applications. Required education and certifications
• Technical Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent experience Additional requirements (Interpersonal Skills/Characteristics) • Ability to work independently with multiple groups
• Ability to organize and execute large workshops
• TOP THREE
o BA experience in at least two of the following domains: Electric Distribution Control Center Operations, Electric Transmission Control Center Operations, Electric Field Work Management, Customer Care, Emergency Preparedness & Response Required technical experience o Working in Agile environment with experience authoring user stories and acceptance criteria
o Ability to work independently with multiple groups
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities