IT - IT Developer (Mid)
77 Beale Street San Francisco, CA 94105
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a IT - IT Developer (Mid) to join our team and work at our client site in San Francisco, CA.
Our client is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric energy companies in the United States. Based in San Francisco, the company provides natural gas and electric service to approximately 16 million people throughout a 70, 000-square-mile service area in northern and central California.
The Appian Designer/Admin candidate need to have a strong technical aptitude and be familiar with implementing technical solutions and concepts related to enterprise system architecture and software applications, databases, and software development methodologies. The candidate must be comfortable with MS Excel functions and/or the configuration of another software tool.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Designing, coding, testing, debugging and analyzing the Appian functionality to meet business requirements following an agile methodology. Their understanding of Appian should allow them to successfully implement Appian functionality to satisfy business requirements and needs.
• Contribute to the guidance and mentoring of other developers.
• Provide effort estimates and prioritize activities.
• Handles change requests and the sprint and release process.
• Communicates risks and issues and provides risk mitigating solutions. • Document technical design documentation
• Participates in the development of software user manuals and application configuration manuals. Generates statistics and prepares reports for management and/or team members on the status of the project.
• Will implement Appian application releases, upgrades and security updates/hotfixes/patches
• Will make realistic, feasible recommendations and facilitates implementation of effective solutions.
• 4+ years of experience with configuration, testing and deployment of enterprise software applications.
• 2+ years of experience as a technical lead. Able to collaborate with teams to plan, analyze, organize and execute assigned projects.
• 2+ years as an Appian Designer/Administrator.
• Strong comprehension and requirement interpretation skills that retain focus on business value rather than technical implementation. Experience working successfully in technical role with business or end users.
• Strong research, problem solving and intuitive design skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
• Strong basic computing skills (as end user of personal computers and mobile devices) and exposure to software tools such as formulas & data manipulation in Microsoft Excel (or equivalent), and/or workflow diagrams in Microsoft Visio (or equivalent) and complex data schemas in Microsoft Access (or equivalent).
• 2+ year experience with relational databases and data structure design concepts (any SQL-based variant such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, etc.)
• Proficiency with REST/SOAP web services, interacting with integration layer or service bus, and other enterprise technologies.
• Basic knowledge of Java J2EE Object Oriented Programming
• Experience with using source code control
• Passed the Appian Credential Exam Preferred Qualifications
• Experience with software tools such as formulas & data manipulation in Microsoft Excel (or equivalent), creating cohesive and comprehensive workflow diagrams in Microsoft Visio (or equivalent), creating data entry applications with Microsoft Access or similar, etc.
• Background in user experience, UI design, or HCI.
• Experience with agile/scrum software delivery methodologies and JIRA for managing user stories, sprints, releases and reporting.
• Prior experience in front-end web development or procedural programming, or object-oriented programming, ideally in a BPM or custom application design setting.
• Knowledge of App Servers: Weblogic, and OS: Linux and Windows.
• Experience with scripting complex procedures and processes for automation. Education
• A minimum of bachelor’ s degree is required.
• Concentration in computer science, engineering, design, or technical field is preferred.
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities