Hardware Engineer - ENG03 - Cleared On-Site
1717 East CityLine Drive Richardson, TX 75082
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm is seeking a Facility and Installation Team (FIT) technician to join our team and work at our client site in Richardson, TX.
Job Description: We are looking for a talented Facility and Installation Team (FIT) who will provide support hardware build-out and cable plant installation activities in an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) environment.
- Support of factory hardware rack, Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) component and cable installation
- Creation and installation of cables and cable labels
- Factory hardware teardown and packing in support of shipment to site
- Support of site hardware rack, component and cable installation
- Perform and document hardware audits
- Redline documents/drawings as necessary
Clearance Requirement: An active US Government TS/SCI clearance and US Citizenship is required as of day one for this position.
- Basic understanding of AC/DC Power/Grounding Principles/Ohms Law
- Basic understanding of Cabling types (Cat-5, Cat-6, Coaxial, Multi-conductor, Fiber-Optic)
- Experience in computer and network hardware systems
- General knowledge of common information system (computer and network) hardware interfaces
- Exposure to hardware rack component installation design standards
- Proficient in hardware component installation in racks
- Ability to read and understand engineering documentation and drawings in various formats such as AutoCAD/Visio
- Skilled in cable plant installation and dress-out
- Ability to travel (Up to 50%, 1-3 weeks at a time dependent on program needs)
- Able to lift hardware components (up to 50lbs)
- Strong team player
- 4 years of related work experience
- Training/Experience in industry standards on Data Center Cabling (DCIM, ANSI/TIA-942-A, ANSI/BICSI 002-20XX)
- Training/Experience in with industry manufacturing/inspection/audit standards (IPC-WHMA-A-620, IPC-A-610, etc.)
- Training/Experience in with industry inspection/audit standards (ISO-9001, AS-9100 etc.)
- Experience with Intelligence Community (IC) Agency mission, processes and facilities
High school, secondary school or equivalent with 4 years of experience. Associates or higher Degree in Electronic Engineering Technology (EET); Electronics Trade School, or Computer Technology desired
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities