Future Operations Subject Matter Expert
Vandenberg Space Force Base, CA US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Future Operations Subject Matter Expert to join our Client's team.
We are seeking highly skilled and motivated candidates to join a high-performance team and provide support the Space Forces – Space (S4S) Combined Joint Force Space Component Command at Vandenberg Space Force Base, California. As a Future Operations Subject Matter Expert, you will coordinate and develop briefing products, manage all aspects of J35 facilitated briefings/presentations and accomplish all other tasks required to support Future Ops (FUOPS) battle rhythm events across Combatant Command functional organizations.
What you will be doing:
- Coordinating with J5 Campaign Plans to transition at least 4 Joint Space Operations Plans (JSOPs) per year and contributing similar campaign planning to the contingency operations planning cycle on a 60-days-to-2-year planning cycle and during minimum quarterly exercise events.
- Supporting joint planning in accordance with Joint Publication 5-0 and support Joint Operations IAW Joint Publication 3-0 series.
- Participating in operational planning teams (OPTs) charged with translating guidance into plans and orders to achieve desired objectives and/or attain a prescribed end state.
- Producing documents including but not limited to, orders, plans, instructions, presentations, papers, and reports for government review and approval.
- Analyzing J5 support plans to ensure the warfighter is well prepared for future operations against existing and emerging threats and conducting risk/trade-off analysis that will provide an assessment of strategic, operational, and tactical planning options across a diverse and sometimes competing stakeholder community.
- Integrating and synchronizing new and delegated plans, strategic concepts, designs, and methodologies, with USSPACECOM, other planning staffs at the operational level, and other entities, as required.
- Analyzing campaign and contingency plans and continuity of operations (COOP) planning documents, describing the impacts to the warfighter, and providing recommendations regarding the impact to the operational echelon.
- Scheduling, securing, and setting up meeting location and communications, invite participants, and participate in meetings to provide expertise and inform the commander and staff’s decision-making process.
- Supporting the planning and execution of Tier 1 and Tier 2 Exercises in accordance with Joint Publication 5-0 and the Joint Planning Process. Exercise execution may require travel and extended workdays up to 12-hour shifts and weekends for a duration of 5-14 consecutive days.
- Attending Combatant Command-provided training and utilizing command-directed tools for the execution of task management. Receive on-the-job training of relevant tools as needed (e.g., GAP CIE, Command and Control of the Information Environment (C2IE), and Task Management Tool (TMT)).
What you will need:
- Experience in a Combatant Command J35, Future Operations, division, or related experience other COCOM J3 divisions.
- Ability to identify and resolve challenges at a strategic level.
- Ability to lead a Joint operations Operational Planning Team
- Ability to brief/interact with senior (GO/FLAG) level officer and senior civilians.
- Ability to analyze situations and make well informed recommendations.
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills.
- Expert in Microsoft Office suite and Task Management Tool processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher desired, 10-15 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- Completion of JPME 1 is highly desired, and JPME II is preferred.
- TS clearance with SCI, ACCM and SAP eligibility required.
Security Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Blackstone Talent Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and software firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone's global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
We hereby pledge our commitment to actively hire veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. We value and recognize the leadership, training, character and discipline that our veterans and members of the National Guard and Reserve bring to Blackstone.