Fullstack Java Software Engineer
1040 6th Ave, New York, NY 10018 New York, NY 10018
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a Mid-Level Java Software Developer to join our team and work at our client site in Denver, CO or New York City.
- Translate business requirements to technical specifications.
- Lead and contribute to technical elaboration sessions both internally and with clients.
- Investigate, analyze and correct complex reported defects in existing code and in new code.
- Create, document and implement unit test plans, scripts and test harnesses.
- Determine the appropriate UML artifacts and other technical documentation for the project.
- Establish all aspects of the development environment for new projects, including source code control and build processes.
- Analyze the deployed application and implement performance tuning enhancements.
- Participate in, lead and contribute to peer code and unit test reviews.
- Present training sessions to other developers in areas of specific expertise.
- Develop implementation plans and accurate estimates of effort.
- Lead other developers in small projects or sub-sets of work on larger projects.
- Contribute to and be able to lead team meetings.
- Relational and Non-Relational Databases such as Oracle DB2, mongoDB, etc.
- JEE containers such as JBoss, Websphere, Tomcat etc.
- ORM tools such as Hibernate, OpenJPA, or other JPA based solutions.
- Eclipse or other Java IDE.
- Build tools such as Maven
- RESTful webservices
- Demonstrates and facilitates professional communication skills by listening, writing, and speaking effectively
- Strong analytical, research and problem solving skills. Pro-active ability to identify, assess, improve/refine and solve complex challenges priorities and responsibilities.
- Establishes and maintains solid interpersonal relationships with clients and team.
- Effective facilitation, collaboration, negotiation and conflict resolution abilities
- Ability to create and conduct presentations in a professional and confident manner to a variety of audiences.
- Strong analytical, research and problem solving skills. Pro-active ability to identify, assess, improve/refine and solve complex challenges, processes and/or situations
- Flexible and able to thrive in a fast paced, high growth, team based environment while successfully handling competing and ever changing priorities and responsibilities.
- Creative self-starter with a passion for continuous learning and improvement.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in CS, Engineering Math or Science.
- Strong background in CS theory is a must, including data structures, algorithms, OOP and design patterns
- Extensive knowledge in Java, proficiency in C++ and python is preferred.
- Knowing Test Driven Development or similar approach is preferred.
- Minimum 1 year required of software development.
- Health care insurance industry is a plus.