Full Stack Java Developer
Washington, D.C. 20546
Blackstone Technology Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Full Stack Java Developer to join our team at our client s site in Washington, D.C..
Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
The candidate should meet the following requirements:
- 10 years of experience with programming and software development including analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, maintenance, quality assurance, troubleshooting and/or upgrading of software systems.
- 5 years of experience architecting software solutions based on customer requirements
- 5 years of experience leading technical teams
- 3 years of experience designing and implementing automated build and deployment pipelines and supporting platform
- Experience troubleshooting and supporting enterprise applications while maintaining 24/7 availability
- Work closely with other Software Engineers as part of a diverse, innovative Agile/Scrum development team to produce user-friendly solutions for a web user interface based application
- Opportunity to evaluate and implement advanced web user interface frameworks
- Develop efficient server-side Java applications that facilitate various business processes that achieve the program mission
- Develop Java based web services server side and client side applications
- Participate and contribute to design sessions with other creative engineers to construct high-end solutions to meet customer needs
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Performs software requirements analysis, participates in research, designs, develops and tests software and tools, to include development of new work products or enhancing existing applications, systems or embedded products
- Codes, tests, integrates and documents software solutions
- Applies principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis to the development of complex software and architectures
- Researches and analyzes data, such as customer design proposals, market trends, state of technology and industry, specifications and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
- Participates in internal review of software components and systems
- Receives little instruction on day-to-day work
- More often responsible to define the scope, schedule and expectations for the work they execute or lead
- Independently determines approach to solutions
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained
- Contributes and accountable to the completion of major programs and projects
- Responsible for resolution of significant and diverse problems and issues of broad scope and complexity
- May provide leadership and/or direction to lower level employees and teams
- Builds stable working relationships internally
- Security clearance is required
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel
- Cloud deployment experience
Department of Defense Top Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Blackstone is a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone was founded in 1998, and has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities