Front End Engineer
Vienna, VA 22182
Looking for a Front End Software Engineering role where you can write great code AND make a difference to the world? Our client helps companies design and enhance their digital systems so they are usable by people with disabilities, and is looking for strong front end developers to support their next-generation accessibility platform.
Front end engineer to build a suite of single page applications, browser extensions, and other development centric tools for testing and remediating accessibility issues. Core UI development tolls are React, Chart.js and Sass, to deliver cutting edge applications and data visualizations to our clients.
- 3+ years of experience with HTML5 and CSS
- 1+ years of experience with React or similar
- 1+ years of building single page applications based on RESTful APIs
Following Experiences are a Plus
- Experience working in a SaaS environment
- Demonstrable experience using
- Git / Gitflow / Bitbucket
- Jira & Confluence
- Experience working in a "Product" organization rather than just contracting or working on in-house projects.
- Experience with accessible web design including Section 508 and WCAG
- Self-Starter - Looking for candidates who can jump in quickly and take ownership of features.
- Ability to look at the big picture: we're a collaborative small team and expect you to look at the big picture, and proactively anticipate problems, interact with other departments and clients, and come up with solutions.
- Write beautiful test-driven front end code. Of course. You are a software engineer and we value quality code backed by unit tests.
- Follow our UI strategy and development standards set by Technology Leadership
- Participate actively in Scrum. Work with Product Management and QA daily to flesh out stories and track your commitments.
- Improve accessibility. We work hard to deliver accessible solutions and enhance libraries we rely on for accessibility, too.
- Collaborate. We have internal and external clients with differing needs. We expect team members to reach out and build relationships inside the company to better understand our market.
- Learn. We expect team members to keep up to date on new technologies, standards, and industry trends so we can continue to be market leaders.
- A bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, MIS or a related technical field is a positive, as is intensive job training programs or certifications.
Blackstone is a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone was founded in 1998, and has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities