6740 Highway 30 Anderson, TX 77830
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a Financial Analyst to join our team and work at our client site in Anderson, TX.
Our client is a leading manufacturer of the world’ s most advanced drilling solutions. At our client, we are harnessing the strength of knowledge and innovation that is revolutionizing the future of energy. We build on what works, using our deep expertise to help minimize risk, increase up-time and improve performance in drilling operations around the globe. They are headquartered in Houston, TX
FINANCIAL ANALYST FTE DIRECT HIRE
- Prepare and analyze consolidated financial statements including monthly actual, forecasting and annual plan.
- Partner with business leaders to understand strategies and prepare business models. Utilize and develop various business reports and metrics to evaluate, interpret, and provide critical information in support of strategic and operating decisions. Work closely with business unit Finance/Operations teams to better understand financial results, trends and validate forecast assumptions.
- Prepare the analysis of operating results and variances (i.e., actual vs. forecast vs plan) and other operating metrics such as capital expenditures, working capital, NVA, etc.
- Conduct various analysis of inventory, OES (Overstock, Excess, and Surplus) reserves, capitalized inventory variances, absorption and overhead analysis, etc.
- Develop business and cost reports, metrics, and key performance indicators to evaluate, interpret and provide critical information in support of operational decisions.
- Work closely with operations to better manage standard costs, product lines, margins, reserves, labor/overhead rates and other adjustments.
- Assist with planning and forecast update processes at the business unit and segment level, by providing guidance, and quality assurance regarding system data.
- Develop and maintain monthly financial reports for management; ad hoc and profitability analyses; interact, present and work with various department and business unit leaders in preparation of analyses.
- Coordinate and analyze activities in regional locations to ensure proper accounting treatment per US GAAP along with statutory reporting requirements.
- Analyze compliance requirements for the business segment including Sarbanes Oxley, audits and company policy and procedures, and facilitate collection of support when necessary.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of financial information systems (HFM, SmartView, Essbase and others), performance and capabilities with total commitment to continual system improvement.
- Support and analyze the segment support functional group including Sales, Finance, and Executive including expense trend and forecast analysis.
- Participate in analysis to determine accurate cost structure relating to absorption rate and standard costs (if applicable).
- Evaluate business processes to streamline and drive improvements, with the goal of establishing best practices and standardizing policies and procedures across the business group.
- Assist as needed with ERP system implementation (Wilco)
- Assist in acquisition due diligence and integration.
- Perform other duties as assignment
- Minimum of 3 years of recent related experience
- Needs to have solid tenure at previous employment
- Strongly Preference for experience working cost account or manufacturing environment for a public company
- Technical Competencies
- Exceptionally strong analytical skills and a thorough understanding of how to leverage a wide variety of data related computer tools to summarize executive level information.
- Highly proficient and technical with HFM (" Hyperion Financial Management") and/or Essbase/Planning including development and reporting through SmartView.
- Highly proficient to advanced Excel skills.
- Experience using ERP systems. Prefer experience with ERP implementations. Syteline & Epicor experience a plus.
- Experience in cost accounting or in working in a manufacturing environment.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPENTENCIES:
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication, strong planning and organization skills.
- Ability to build effective relationships with all levels and roles in the organization.
- Participate in other projects and programs, as directed, for their successful completion.
- Ability to multi-task under strict, deadline-oriented and fast-paced working environments.
- Strong interpersonal skills working collaboratively with finance, operations, and Corporate teams.
- Deadline driven and detail-oriented when needed.
- Technical accounting knowledge of U.S. GAAP and Sox Management.
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities.