Finance Specialist II
4650 Lakehurst Court Dublin, OH 43016
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a Finance Specialist IIFinance Specialist II to join our team and work at our client site in Dublin, OH.
Our client is a global communications, hosting, cloud and IT services company. They operate more than 55 data centers in North America, Europe and Asia and provide broadband, voice, video, data and managed services over a robust 250, 000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 300, 000-route-mile international transport network. Our client is headquartered in Monroe, Louisiana.
Position Description: This position will be responsible for supporting and auditing Shelf Life processes related to the circuit life cycle.
• Audits and escalates workflow processes related to offnet vendor charges at the beginning of the circuit life cycle (installs) throughout the end of circuit life cycle (disconnects).
• Reduces circuit shelf life balance by working with cross-functional teams such as service activation, service delivery, end-user billing (Kenan and LATIS), access management and other finance teams.
• Performs in-depth analysis of order entry, circuit inventories, and vendor bills in BTOD (BillTrak Pro).
• Identifies circuits which should have been disconnected but are still invoiced from carrier/vendor (unnecessary cost/expense).
• Initiates disputes with the offnet vendor (carrier), creates internal disconnect orders to process improper disconnect with the vendor (carrier).
• Leverages various systems such as OB-IEE (Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Editions), PRIME, CORE, Order Entry, TIRKS to further identify process or system gaps of circuit life cycle.
• This person will work with their direct manager to improve processes which will ensure controls of network costs.
• Strong verbal, written and oral communication skills to articulate findings and influence desired results with stakeholders
• Demonstrated commitment to work with others to resolve issues and identify opportunities
• Requires high comfort level and experience with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
• Self-motivated to identify outstanding issues and pursue to closure
• Positive attitude and self-starter with an interest in finding new ways to improve processes.
• Bachelors degree in Business, Accounting/Finance or equivalent work experience required.
• Expertise and working knowledge of legacy networks related to the circuit life cycle.
• This position requires 3 to 5 years of telecommunications experience in auditing with a strong background in cost analysis or profitability.
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities