Field Technician LVLT III
5025 North Black Canyon Highway Phoenix, AZ 85015
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a Field Technician LVLT III to join our team and work at our client site in Phoenix, AZ.
Our client is a global communications, hosting, cloud and IT services company. They operate more than 55 data centers in North America, Europe and Asia and provide broadband, voice, video, data and managed services over a robust 250, 000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 300, 000-route-mile international transport network. Our client is headquartered in Monroe, Louisiana.
Major Responsibilities of the Position:
• Perform installation, testing, turn-up, and acceptance of circuit equipment including Voice, TDM, Optical IP Ethernet and emerging technologies.
• Install, repair, maintain and/or adjust multiplex equipment, fiber optics, and switches; perform testing with the applicable testing centers and conduct final acceptance testing with the customer to ensure ready for service.
• Troubleshoot customer circuits, network components, and infrastructure from the customers premise up to the frame, and complete final testing and customer acceptance of service.
• Use laptop computer to option higher-level electronic systems and applications, and to test and install individual services.
• Utilize various testing devices, including but not limited to: frequency and data signal generators, transmission measuring sets, volt-ohm-meters, software programs, laptop programs. Use test equipment and/or coordinate testing of customer lines with others including company and customer personnel, as well as with the assistance of the control and/or dispatch centers.
• Install computer interface cards in customer-owned equipment (laptop and desktop computers). Successfully option/configure customers computer hardware and software and install modems. May reimage PCs and restore hard drives, as well as troubleshoot and repair data terminals and peripheral equipment (e.g., printers). May manage/assign hardware and/or software assets/requests/ licenses, considering warranty and other information as necessary.
• Review, analyze, update, and interpret work orders, circuit diagrams, word documents, schematic drawings, engineering work prints, OSP (Outside Plant) maps, equipment drawings, company records, technical manuals and other source documents to obtain specifications for installation and trouble isolation purposes.
• Verify critical dates (in particular plant test date), commitments, facility and equipment assignments, reasonableness of test results and conformity of circuits to established tolerance criteria.
• Resolve customer issues and problems regarding designed services, and ensure service is working to customer specifications.
• Per customer-initiated order/request, may perform pre-survey to determine availability of equipment and facilities and pretest circuits to ensure that conditioning requirements are met. In addition, review with customer work specified in the work order and the possibilities of utilizing existing facilities for upgrading/customizing services.
• Interact with customers professionally and courteously. Discuss service and equipment with customer. Perform specified work. Confirm/update trouble reported or services ordered, review billing information, respond to questions on features/usages/applications/capabilities of equipment and services, review systems configuration. Identify/explore additional revenue generation opportunities.
• Contact control and/or dispatch centers or other designated employees during tour for other assignments or jeopardy resolutions. Provide information needed to close out work orders or trouble reports by indicating type of work performed, time and material charges, exception codes, field reporting codes and/or other related information. Use computer or other device to interface with company systems and complete daily workload.
• Work with telecom color-coded wires and cables.
• Work on underground and aerial cables.
• Ability to work varying shifts and hours.
• Wear safety glasses, hard hat, appropriate safe clothing and follow established safety practices and procedures. Wear attire that is appropriate for effective interaction with customers.
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities