Engineering Manager - Infrastructure
560 Davis St San Francisco, CA 94111
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking an Engineering Manager - Infrastructure for our client in San Francisco, CA.
Our client is tearing down the barriers to investing. They are dedicated to making high-quality investment advice more accessible and affordable to investors of all wealth levels.
We' re looking for an Engineering Manager - Infrastructure who will manage a talented team of DevOps engineers, who is a proven leader, highly technical, and passionate about building elegant infrastructure. This leadership role reports to the Director of Infrastructure and will work closely with engineering leadership to build high quality financial products to launch to mass market via partnerships with leading banks.
As the Engineering Manager, you will build out their DevOps team, and lead efforts to improve their infrastructure and operations to maximize reliability, availability, scalability, and performance.
The Engineering Manager will lead 6+ DevOps engineers in San Francisco as well as their remote offices to build this company’ s core infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have experience building and scaling private cloud environments and has demonstrated success scaling highly effective engineering teams. Automation is at the heart of how the team operates, and we are looking for someone who has a passion for it.
WHAT YOU' LL BE DOING:
- Attract, develop, and retain high performers
- Prioritize and drive the technical implementation of projects/work and provide technology strategy and thought leadership.
- Create product roadmaps, specifications, scope, and timelines for various projects, including building, scaling, and provisioning private cloud infrastructure.
- Review the entire environment and execute initiatives to reduce failures, and improve overall performance
- Collaborate with the engineering team to build and deploy resilient products.
- Coordinate and resolve issues across the entire stack - hardware, software, application, and network
- Iterate quickly and constantly to improve our existing systems and implement new technologies when necessary
- Automating away repetitive manual tasks
- Ensuring our core infrastructure systems (DNS. LDAP, Storage, Networking) are operating efficiently and reliably
WE' RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH:
- 5-8 years of overall systems engineering experience
- 3-5 years of managing high performance teams.
- Extensive experience with automated server provisioning, configuration, monitoring, trending, and high availability
- 6 + years of experience with Linux system administration (CentOS)
- 4+ years of hands on operational experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment
- Command of your favorite scripting language: Python, Perl, Ruby, Bash, etc.
- Familiarity with configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, Capistrano, etc.)
- Expertise in building and scaling virtualized environment (VMware)
- Extensive experience using monitoring, logging, and metrics systems like Nagios, Splunk, and InfluxDB
- Thorough understanding of networking concepts, Internet protocols, and network security mindset
PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Flexible vacation policy with uncapped time off
- Catered lunches daily and a kitchen stocked full of drinks and snacks
- Fitness subsidy
- Commuter subsidy
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global talent practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities