Tulsa, OK 74103
Using experience of networking and engineering standards, the Designer is responsible to responder to new/
modify/disconnect orders by determining the best design to fulfill the order request. This is accomplished by, reviewing order criteria and via customer feedback and account team input, establishing the most effective design and configuring service on the network.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities- Knowledge of the telecommunications industry
- Tasked with designing customer networks (WAN, LAN, VOIP, etc.)
- Manage deliverables on complex customer design projects
- Pro-actively drive the development of the engineering solutions and templates for complex and tactical solutions; while
meeting order commitment dates
- Engage with provisioners, customers and Sales Engineers to develop engineering design that are relevant to monitoring,
managing and configuration of services including managed devices
- Ability to work well with team members and the ability to take directions/requests from multiple sources
- Familiarity/ability to work proficiently within windows based applications
- Ability to thrive and accept changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to effectively, professionally and pro-actively communicate with front line employees, management and in rare
cases, upper level management
- Ability to pro-actively manage issues and drive resolution without receiving or receiving minimal direction from peers/
- Quickly learn the processes and systems that are used on a daily basis within the team
- Ability to work within a team environment and be able to adapt quickly to change
Essential Duties- Provides complex conceptual and tactical solutions to customers networking requirements.
- Optimizes existing designs by demonstrating good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining
- Manages a work queue of provisioning orders, meets metric performance for all tasks, and completes designs/
configurations on-time and with accuracy.
- Provides timely written status updates in the ordering systems and sets appropriate jeopardy status and engages
appropriate resources to overcome obstacles which impede order progress.
- Reviews, complies to, and provides feedback to method of procedures and other engineering documents and templates.
Relevant job experience is
- Job experience in similar industry
- Job experience with similar essential duties Physical Requirements:
- Office Sits 5 to 7 hours per day; Bend, reach, stoop and crouch; lift 10 lbs.
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience
Education and Experience
- Experience: 2+ yrs
- Field of Study: Engineering or related
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
Blackstone is a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone was founded in 1998, and has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities