Embedded Linux Software Engineer
Temecula, CA 92589 US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking an Embedded Linux Software Engineer for our client in Temecula, CA.
We are looking for a curious, tenacious, and organized firmware engineer who is passionate about new technologies and has the skills to research and develop new and innovative solutions that will power our groundbreaking industrial control, internet of things, and computing platform devices.
Here's what you'll do
- You'll collaborate with a cross-functional team to identify desired behaviors and
- functionality for new and existing products.
- You'll be responsible for driving the product development life-cycle from
- brainstorming and conceptual design to specification, implementation, and automated
- tests to improvements, troubleshooting, and bug fixes
- You'll use schematics, datasheets and collaboration with hardware engineers to
- understand the capabilities of hardware designs.
- You'll architect robust, high-performance, maintainable firmware for microcontrollers,
- microprocessors and FPGAs.
- You'll implement firmware using Verilog, assembly, C, and C++ on bare metal, RTOSes,
- and embedded Linux.
- You'll perform hands-on hardware bring-up, system debugging and optimization.
- You'll maintain automated firmware build infrastructure.
- You'll write unit tests, system tests, and integration tests.
- You'll maintain, build, and test automation infrastructure with tools like Git, Yocto,
- Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory, and a C#/.NET test framework.
- You'll provide methods to reliably program, calibrate, and test products in a high
- volume production environment.
- You're an ideal candidate if
- You’re a fast learner who wants personal responsibility and authority over their work.
- You enjoy working with embedded software and love to learn, and apply new
- technologies and practices that make you and your code better, faster, and stronger.
- You are goal oriented, self-motivated and self-directed.
- You have experience with hardware design and schematic capture.
- Here's why you want this job
- Your firmware will power commercial products that are rugged, reliable, and secure,
- designed and manufactured here in California, and used by our customers to automate
- global industry.
- You'll be a full-time member and key part of a small, enthusiastic, and friendly team of
- software, firmware, hardware and mechanical engineers who encourage professional
- growth by seeking the best technologies and practices for their products.
- You’ll receive excellent benefits, including medical/dental, paid PTO (personal time
- off), retirement, and profit sharing.
- You will work at our beautiful Temecula, CA headquarters with a full gym, showers,
- putting green, and sand volleyball court, conveniently located near trails for running
- and cycling.
- Minimum of 3 years of firmware experience
- BS or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or the
- equivalent in experience with evidence of exceptional ability
- Knowledge of electrical engineering fundamentals for circuit analysis and design
- (experience with circuit design and schematic capture is a plus)
- Proficient with C, C++, Verilog (experience with Quartus is a plus), assembly, makefiles,
- shell scripting, compilers, and linkers
- Experience with SPI, I2C, and USB bus interfaces
- Experience writing multi-threaded programs
- Experience with version control systems (e.g Git, Subversion)
- Experience with in-lab equipment (power supply, oscilloscope, function generator,
- spectrum analyzer, digital multimeter)
- Ability to learn new programming languages and technologies quickly
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly, both verbally and in writing
- U.S. Citizenship or permanent authorization to work in the U.S.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities