Circle and i25 Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a Senior Embedded Engineer with C++, to join our client’ s team and work as a DIRECT HIRE to our client in Colorado Springs, CO.
Our client is a small but growing company that manufactures and sells GNSS signal distribution products, solutions and services to commercial, government and DoD customers globally. They have a great internal work culture, are forward thinking and offer many opportunities for advancement.
Essential member of software team, leading development activities, documentation and maintenance of architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for GPS software systems developed by client and key partners. Responsible for development of code and integration of software components into a fully functional software system (Applications are primarily military avionics and mission systems).
As part of an agile research and development team, you will be responsible for defining, documenting, and deploying software throughout all engineering cycles including requirements, design, implementation, test and support. The software team collaborates with systems engineering and with the Test and Evaluation team for traceability of software requirements and the verification of the requirements. The software will be developed in accordance with approved company processes and metrics.
- Follows the software development process
- Develops Object Oriented software for embedded applications
- Estimates project software development effort.
- Reports SW development progress using written and oral communications.
- Actively finds way to innovate
- Must be a US Citizen; Have a current or must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- 3 to 8 years related professional experience:
- Embedded microprocessor and/or digital signal processor (DSP) hardware environments
- Software development in embedded C/C++
- RTOS is required (Linux preferable)
- Knowledge of GPS Receiver functionality.
- BS or equivalent: Computer Science or Engineering with substantial software coursework.
- MS degree desired.
- Experience working in DOD SW development environment
- Understanding of embedded bus structures, processing, and I/O chip-sets
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities