Electromagnetic Compatibility Engineer
6001 South Air Depot Oklahoma City, OK 73135 US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking an Electromagnetic Compatibility Engineer to join our Client's team.
Directs research into advanced concepts and prototypes for various communication, sensor, electronic warfare and other electromagnetic systems and components to develop new business opportunities. Works directly with senior customers to develop concepts and requirements for future systems. Directs development of innovative tools and resources to improve all aspects of requirement definition, systems integration and product testing. Works with source selection teams to identify appropriate suppliers for critical programs. Provides support to products throughout their lifecycle from manufacturing to customer use by coordinating product-wide corrective and preventive actions as required. Leads development of large-scale proposals to support development of new business. Works independently.
Work statement is a non-managerial role, non-leadership role
The engineer will be responsible for performing analyses, developing test procedures, conducting tests, troubleshooting, and writing and reviewing test reports in accordance with MIL-STD-461/464 and DO-160 for various systems on a multitude of air and space platforms recognized around the world. The engineer will also provide EMI/EMC expertise to design and modification efforts of products being developed throughout Boeing. This position is for an experienced Electrical Engineering professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise.
This position provides an excellent opportunity to develop new solutions, to grow and mentor the next generation of engineers. In addition, this will guide the candidates’ career towards the submittal of a candidacy for a position in the Boeing Technical Fellowship.
Primary job responsibilities will include:
• Coordinate, test, and verify EMI/EMC requirements with teammates, customers, and system architects through the development and sustainment of various Boeing systems
• Develop and mentor teammates through the development of EMI/EMC Control Plans, Test Procedures, and Test Reports
• Lead EMI/EMC analyses and implement mitigation mechanisms to assure compatibility and safety of new and existing systems and interfaces
• Lead the evaluation of supplier data and design drawings to verify and correct system design to EMI/EMC standards
• Lead EMI/EMC testing of hardware and software systems in both lab and on-aircraft environments to verify adherence to Boeing and FAA and/or Military requirements
• Develop your career path to become a Technical Lead Engineer (TLE), leading to becoming a Boeing Designated Expert (BDE) and to the goal of candidacy for a position in the Boeing Technical Fellowship
• Support project management by tracking and reporting project status, by generating bids and requirements, and by providing work statement, budget, and schedule
Other job responsibilities may include:
• Perform Nuclear Hardening, HIRF/Lightning, RF COSITE, and Antenna Coupling analyses and test
• Coordinate, test, and verify TEMPEST requirements with teammates, customers, and system architects through the development and sustainment of various Boeing systems
• Develop and mentor teammates through the development of TEMPEST Control Plans, Test Procedures, and Test Reports
• Develop and implement Test Automation for aircraft modifications
• Apply EMI engineering technology experience to document and solve complex problems
• Perform trade studies, modeling, simulation and other forms of analyses to predict component, interconnects, and system performance and to optimize design
• Apply conversion, correction, and antenna factors to EMI/EMC analyses and test
• Work on a cross-functional support team and communicate clearly in various review boards both internally & externally
• This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
• Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, engineering technology, engineering physics or physics.
• Must have previous experience in the defense or aerospace industry
• Must have previous experience of MIL-STD-461/464 and/or DO-160 EMI/EMC experience
• Must be familiar with the Electromagnetic concepts (such as RF isolation, shielding, grounding, and filtering)
• Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time as required
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
• 18 or more years’ related work experience (Senior Consultant Level)
• An ABET accredited Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or a Master’s/PhD in electrical engineering
• Active U.S. Security Clearance
• International Association for Radio, Telecommunications and Electromagnetics (iNARTE) Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Engineer Certification
• Previous experience in TEMPEST analysis, test, and requirements development
• Knowledge of digital signal processing
• Knowledge and experience establishing, designing and verifying Power Quality requirements and testing using MIL-STD-704
• Knowledge and experience generating Power Quality test procedures and test reports
• Hands-on experience with MATLAB
• Familiarity with Software tools: LTSpice, System Vision, PSPICE, MathCAD, AutoCAD, and Mentor DX Designer and Expedition
• Experience with MS Office tool suite
• Experience developing and delivering presentations (verbal and/or written) to key stakeholders
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, engineering technology, engineering physics or physics. (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 20 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a Master's degree with typically 18 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with typically 15 or more years' experience in an engineering classification. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Security Clearance Required: Secret ( post start)
Blackstone Talent Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and software firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone's global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
We hereby pledge our commitment to actively hire veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. We value and recognize the leadership, training, character and discipline that our veterans and members of the National Guard and Reserve bring to Blackstone.