Schriever AFB Colorado Springs, CO 80917 US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our team at our client’s site in Colorado Springs, CO.
We are seeking an Electrical Engineer at Schriever Air Force Base (SAFB). The Schriever Air Force Base (SAFB) 50 Civil Engineer Squadron (CES), Engineering Flight is comprised of military, federal civilian, and contracted professionals who are responsible for providing technical expertise and guidance on a variety of engineering design and construction requirements from planning, programming, and design through execution.
This position will support and provide assistance, advice, and consultation to meet SAFB/CE mission objectives. The professional services include performing tasks and providing deliverables, which result in organized data, analytical assessments, and specific technical expertise. The data collected and documented by the Contractor shall provide critical information and data used by SAFB decision makers in support of current United States Air Force (USAF)/ United States Space Force (USSF) Civil Engineering (CE) policy execution, development of new plans and procedures, and implementation of future CE endeavors.
What you will be doing:
- Provide technical support and facilities planning in support of the Electrical Engineering Program, including providing professional reviews, and assessments, and assisting in the development, design work, and execution of projects
- Review customer submitted work requests for understanding and clarity of the scope of work requested
- Schedule meetings as required with customers submitting work requests to understand the facility requirements
- Worked with the 50 CES programming staff employees to develop programming documents and enter information into the Air Force (AF) utilized database to create a project in accordance with AF Civil Engineering processes. This effort includes developing the initial estimated cost for the defined work
- When possible, work with the 50 CES programming staff to bundle work efforts into a single project
- Create statements of work documentation to facilitate the solicitation of the requested facility work or for design-bid-build projects develop complete drawings and specifications. This effort applies to projects that are strictly electrical in nature and multi-disciplined projects requiring an electrical engineer’s input.
- Manage A-E design efforts on projects that are both electrical engineering in nature only as well as projects that require electrical engineering expertise. Conduct a comprehensive review of A-E furnished draft design documents (e.g. 35% / 65% / 95% / 100%/ back-check drawings, specifications, design analysis, cost-estimate), for applicability, maintainability, constructability, meeting user requirements, industry standards, base standards, and applicable regulatory guidance, providing concise, consolidated, organized, and actionable written feedback via a Comment Review Matrix for corrective action to be conducted in subsequent submittals by the A-E Firm, within 3-7 business days of receipt of submittal.
- Lead in-house design efforts on electrical engineering projects to include but not be limited to: design, design review, and development of complete acquisition packages as defined by the Contracting Officer (CO), and prepare complete project acquisition package for submission to 50th Contracting Squadron (CONS) within one month of assignment
- Provide electrical engineering technical expertise on MILCON projects as requested by a MILCON Project Manager
- Estimated tasks include:
- Review of 40 – 50 tasks orders annually with associated meetings with customers
- Work with programmers to program 40 – 50 task orders into projects annually
- Manage 20 – 30 projects annually, to include design, SOW development etc.
- Assist with 3 – 4 MILCON projects annually
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering with 5 years cumulative experience
- High-level subject matter expertise for work described in the task.
- ICD / ICS 705 experience.
- Uptime Institute standards
- Licensed PE
- Demonstrated work experience with medium and high voltage power distribution.
- Design and prepare reports, studies, and related documentation, makes charts and graphs to record results, prepare and delivers presentations, training, and briefings as required by the task order
- Consultation on complex projects which require high-level experience and knowledge of the subject matter for effective implementation
- Ability to obtain an active US Security Clearance
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities