Buckley AFB, CO 80011 US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our Client's team.
We are seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our clients team at Buckley Space Force Base.
What you will be doing:
- Performs Operations & Maintenance (O&M) engineering involving maintenance, repair, upgrade, and operation of electrical circuits, equipment, and systems to infrastructure facilities, including utility systems, at a large and complex military installation utilizing a professional knowledge of electrical engineering.
- Manages the O&M plans and programs for mission-essential electrical generation and distribution systems throughout the installation. Develops or oversees the preparation of plans, instructions, and specifications for the repair, modification, maintenance, and operational testing of existing and new types of systems with many component pieces of equipment, where the employee must search out and develop new or greatly modified approaches because available technical manuals or specifications are frequently inadequate.
- Recommends where major failure problems or instabilities exist and recommends how to correct them. Investigates and analyzes complex systems, materials, and equipment problems concerning O&M issues. Reviews electrical designs and specifications for reliability, maintainability, and effectiveness.
- Maintains current electrical engineering data for O&M projects/programs.
- Provides recommendations for short- and long-range requirements for replacement of existing complex and major electrical systems, equipment, etc. Performs preliminary electrical engineering analyses on large and complicated projects.
- Serves as a consultant on all electrical engineering aspects of O&M projects and provides electrical engineering support to trades and crafts shops. Provides professional consultation on a wide range of difficult electrical engineering issues and problems. Provides advice to requesting organizations. Consults with Contractors, Army Corps of Engineers, Architect and Engineer (A&E) firms, and COs to resolve problems on O&M design interfaces, and regulatory limitations, and to exchange information and expedite work.
- Coordinates projects with engineers in other disciplines or with architects.
- In conjunction with the primary duty of O&M, secondary to O&M, performs work in the construction management, design, and programming/base development functions. Monitors/manages construction projects for new construction, renovations, and improvements to real property facilities from start to finish, including the performance of preconstruction site surveys all the way to completion of as-built drawings. Prepares/reviews designs for a variety of real property facilities construction projects, determining the design criteria, creating cost estimates and time schedules, preparing A&E statements of work, etc.
- This support is considered mission essential and work hours will be non-standard work hour shifts to support a 24/7/365 function including nights, weekends, and holidays.
What you will need:
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering.
- Be a registered Professional Engineer in the State of Colorado.
- Complies with health, safety, and environmental rules and procedures and performs work in a manner that enhances the safety of the work environment. Ensures federal, state, and local codes concerning health, safety, and the environment are strictly adhered to in the programming, design, and construction of real property facilities.
- Positive team spirit and flexible attitude regarding change, delays, or unexpected events - - Exhibit sound and accurate judgment and use time efficiently.
- Ability to work independently.
- Highest level of compliance with safety and security procedures
- Ability to transport materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks (up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 100 pounds with assistance)
- Ability to operate office equipment, including computers and email.
- Extremely detail-oriented with ability to positively interact with co-workers and participate in meetings.
- TS/SCI required or be actively seeking a TS/SCI with a Secret Clearance already attained.
Security Clearance Required: Secret
Blackstone Talent Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and software firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone's global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
We hereby pledge our commitment to actively hire veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. We value and recognize the leadership, training, character and discipline that our veterans and members of the National Guard and Reserve bring to Blackstone.