Digital Health Project Manager
Davis, CA 95616 US
We are seeking an experienced project manager with program experience to support the Operations Center of Excellence in designing and implementing improvements across the care continuum that support delivery of care at home and digital transformation.
General Role Description:
This role will be responsible for leading projects in an ideation and operational process development environment. They will work with a team of designers, developers, researchers, and clinicians to turn ideas into managed projects.
The incumbent will have a thorough understanding and proven experience in leading projects in the health care industry. They will be expected to provide technical guidance, leadership and perform a variety of duties relating to information technology, product, and ideation development.
Under the supervision of the UC Davis Operations Center of Excellence leadership, the project manager is responsible for using various project management methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall, Lean) for managing multiple projects through a continuous cycle of project planning, execution, monitoring and reporting as directed by the Operations Center of Excellence
· Collaboration with Operations Center of Excellence leadership and stakeholders to develop project materials (project plan, charter, schedules, requirements, workflows, testing plans and final specifications) as needed
· Provide updates to management and stakeholders of progress through frequent communication that aligns with the project communication plan and ongoing demands
· Exercise strategic thinking in prioritizing workload, as well as escalation to leadership
· Align with the Value Realization Office (VRO) to maintain projects using established best practices and standards
- Create partnerships amongst all relevant UCDH departments / teams, vendors, and resources to ensure technology is fully and accurately designed, costed, and deployed
- Partner with Information Technology infrastructure, security, and other technical leaders to identify and document system requirements
- Conduct and participates in departmental customer/stakeholder interviews to understand and document workflow and technology requirements
- Conduct and participates in technology vendor interviews to coordinate/complete bids or RFPs as relevant for system budgeting and implementation planning
- Contribute to IT status reports by providing concise, meaningful project status updates on all completed, active, and future projects
- Other project management duties as assigned
- Although project management is the primary responsibility, may be asked to perform analysis
- Provide direction, set priorities, and analyzes workflow for clinical applications subordinate staff, according to established policies and management guidance
· Bachelor’s degree in related area and/or equivalent experience.
· Minimum of 5 years IT technical project management experience
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience leading enterprise-wide implementations including the management of project scope, risk, and resources.
· Experience leading multiple, complex projects supporting digital healthcare technology initiatives including telehealth, remote patient monitoring, digital health equity, digital monitoring, OR care at home.
· Demonstrated experience in organizational change management
· Effective verbal and written skills and proficient in clearly communicating at all levels within an organization
· Demonstrated capacity to anticipate obstacles and plan for contingencies.
· Experience developing and managing project artifacts including project plans, issue logs, testing and communication plans
· Experience managing project lifecycles including initiation, development, testing, deployment, and transition planning
· Experience leading multiple, complex projects in a matrixed organization
· Advanced skills in assembling and directing large project teams, developing detailed project plans and schedules and monitoring budget and resources
· Experience with system interfaces
· Experience with integrated multi-vendor applications
· Demonstrated ability to function in a highly dynamic, fast-paced, and continually changing environment
· Experienced in facilitating multi-disciplined workgroups to develop solutions to problems and/or consensus
· Proficient in Microsoft suite of applications including Visio, Teams and SharePoint
· Experience scheduling complex meetings to include coordination of schedules, planning location and catering, use of MS Teams, WebEx or Zoom.
· Program management experience
· Advanced experience with ServiceNow implementation, ITBM
· Experienced in organizational change management
· Six Sigma and/or project management institute certification
· Experience working in a large health care system and familiar with clinical and operational applications
· Experience working in a PMO
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities